• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone ever use a "Bog-Pod" Tactical Tripod

Jpso Sniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2006
River ridge, La
Does anyone have any expierence with the "Bog Pod" Tactical Shooting tripods? Was wondering how stable the units are and if they would handle the weight of heavier (KMW sentinal) rifles?
Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Anyone ever use a "Bog-Pod" Tactical Tripod

I can't speak to the Bog Pod specifically, but I use the Precision Rifle Solutions (PRS) tripods that are offered by Danel Jenkins (member name: platypus).

I have been running one of his tripods for some time now and have beaten the crap out of it. It is still as strong and stable as the day I got it. I have run mine with the SSP-2 cradle (with rifles up to 18lbs or so), with my spotter (an 80mm Pentax), and as an LRF tripod...all with great success.

I highly recommend the PRS tripods both for the quality of the product and the quality of the man who is standing behind them!!

ETA: Link to the website: http://www.precisionriflesolutions.com/

+1 on the Precision Rifle Solutions (PRS) tripods

I have 2 (1 short, 1 med)

Med has my spotter on it both have the quick detach heads on them

YEA I made it to my 100 post after 7 years

so nobody has tried the bog pod that is amazing? i was also looking at them, but don't really want to be the guinea pig on this one.

Three days ago I made a hasty hunting 524m first round hit, one hand on the gun the other holding a strand of fencing wire away from the barrel, on a wet grass slope, downhill - The Medium PRS tripod with SSP2 is awesome. Like the lads have said, put your rifle / spotter / LRF up there.
The thing weighs next to nothing and has 4 stage legs (outer with 3 internals) then the centre post that you can remove to have it almost on the ground like a bipod if needed.

<span style="font-weight: bold">If it'll fit your needs I suggest it</span> - Just my 2c

The bog pod tripod is handy for hunting. I use one for ground hog and deer hunting. I would not use it for a heavy rifle, or for longer shots.