• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Anyone ever used a Falcon Menace 5x25x50 ML16

Marine3019

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2013
So I have been looking into getting a Falcon Menace 5x25x50 to put on a Remington 700 SPS tact in .308. However theres not to much out there about these optics. I'm wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge of these scopes? I've read some online but really looking for confirmation on the optic.

I have a 4-14 ffp and its not bad. at full power the reticle is too thick; but the glass is decent and it was moderately priced. honestly what youre gonna get on this site is buy once cry once. do not skimp on optics, and save up more and buy a better scope than what you can afford right now. All of which I agree with.

I have a B20 reticle, but overall the same - 5-25x50 FFP...

For this money, you are buying especially its features.
Glass is not bad, I was able to see some .308 hits at 300m (328y) paper - but only having optimal light conditions.
There are for sure some problems like lower resolution, chromatic aberration, colors wash, etc. etc. you can expect from this price range on max. zoom.

BUT...

You got
FFP
mil/mil reticle & clicks
veeery thin lines even on max zoom (compared to FFP 6-24x50 Vortex PST, Falcon's reticle is MUCH thinner although both manufacturers say otherwise)
OK glass (without illumination)
OK tracking
nullable, BIG, mushy columns with audible but not very certain clicks (cannot be compared to crisp clicking of Vortex or Sightron)
sunshade, flip covers

Cannot compare to other FFPs in that pricerange (Bushnell maybe?), I compared to Vortex PST & Sightron SIII at the time.
I 've chosen SIII for the future - but keep in mind these are for double the Falcon's price.

I have a 4-14 ffp and its not bad. at full power the reticle is too thick; but the glass is decent and it was moderately priced. honestly what youre gonna get on this site is buy once cry once. do not skimp on optics, and save up more and buy a better scope than what you can afford right now. All of which I agree with.

I too have the 4-14 version, and for the money I spent (bought used), I feel like I got a fantastic deal. I've since graduated to S&B, and USO, but every once in a while, I'll break out the old Menace, just for nostalgia's sake.

Do yourself a favor and walk away... I'd do a fixed Super Sniper for $300 over a Falcon any day.

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor and walk away... I'd do a fixed Super Sniper for $300 over a Falcon any day.

I agree with mattsnuked, $300.00 bucks will get you a SS 10X42. Great scope, built like a tank, I owned one for a long time and never had a problem..

I have a 4-14 and would recommend it over the 5-25
I used one for quite a while but have since upgraded to an IOR 3-18.

I still have the Falcon and break it out once in a while. I continue to be amazed at how good it is for 350 bucks (non illuminated model).

They offer several excellent reticles, mine tracks well, returns to zero and they now have a limited lifetime warranty.
The mushy clicks are an easy fix that takes all of 30 seconds to clear up on each turret.

The fixed 10 or 12 power SS is also an excellent option.
They ARE a better scope as is the weaver grand slam tactical 3-10

I have both the 4 - 14 and th 5 - 25 Falcons . My 4 - 14 has been a great inexpensive optic . May just be the luck of the draw but the glass on my 4 -14 is really really nice . Mushy turrets , and stiff magnification ring come stock on Falcons , but some 3500 rounds and 4 years later it still tracks well . I doesn't get used much any more , as have moved on to bigger better more expensive glass and toys , but every time it does come out of the safe I am reminded of what a great value this scope has been .

The 5-25 specimen that I own , is not even remotely as nice . Super tight , all most unusable eye box , and anything above 20 the chromatic flare is blinding . Sits on a 22 trainer till I can find something else then will probably go away . It does track , and no issues with the optic up to this point .

Comparing them to the SWFA 10 x and 16 x I have owned , I would take the 4 - 14 all day every day over the two fixies . Mil Mil FFP and variable at that price point , and way better glass . The 5 - 25's glass is maybe slightly better than the fixed 16 , but not as good as the fixed 10 was . As far as durability the SWFAs look like you could pound nails with them , and the Falcons not so much . Some of us are not ' Operator's ' , so features at a certain price point matter . YMMV

Last edited:
I actually like my Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56 with the EMLR reticle. It tracks true, the reticle is okay, glass is usuable for a reasonable price. I think it's great for a beginner on a budget.

...Some of us are not ' Operator's ' , so features at a certain price point matter . YMMV
I'll step out on a limb and guess that a large majority of SH members are not high-speed, low-drag operators, but rather just guys that shoot paper and steel and compete because we love to shoot.

I have this same scope on my Savage 10FP 308. I like it. Is it the best scope out there?...No way. Will it work as advertised?...I believe so. I have used mine in 2 competitions and shot it for over 3 years now. It has performed admirably. Is it a Nightforce or S&B?...not even close. But it tracks true, the optics are pretty decent and the reticle is good enough to get hits out to 1000 yards. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it if it is in your price range and it means you can get tot he range sooner and with more ammo. The point of shooting shouldn't be to have the very best, but to be the very best with what you have.

I shot the glass loose in a 4-14 and Falcon would not make it right. They would not honor their warranty. It was too good to be true in my experience.

Arthur,

ALL the scope manufacturers monitor this site from time to time, some more than others. I've seen comments from both manufacturers and merchants here.

Last edited:
Arthur,

ALL the scope manufacturers monitor this site from time to time, some more than others. I've seen comments from manufacturers and merchants here.

Here is some more info. I was dealing with their office in the UK. I was told a replacement was not ready yet. It went on like this for 4 months. They said they could repair mine but it would be cost prohibitive to get the proper license to ship it out of the USA. I gave up on them and I believe that is what they wanted all along. I warn everyone about this. There are much better companies to deal with.-Art

edit- They offered to sell me a newer model for like 10% off retail. It was never available or easy to set up purchase.

Last edited:
mine has never had a problem and its now on my wife's rifle and she will make consistent hits to 1000 yd at 15" plates. Only issue she has is she can't use full power that far because the reticle is a little thick. She loves it. Good scope and I believe there are dealers in the US now. Don't be swayed away by one bad warranty issue. Get it from a reputable dealer here in the US and don't worry about it. My wife's is on a .308 btw. I wouldn't be putting this on anything like a .338 or something and expect it to perform, not saying it couldn't, but if you're willing to spend that much on ammo then you outta get a clearer/stronger scope.

So I have been looking into getting a Falcon Menace 5x25x50 to put on a Remington 700 SPS tact in .308. However theres not to much out there about these optics. I'm wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge of these scopes? I've read some online but really looking for confirmation on the optic.

I bought the 5x25 a few months ago to try because I liked the two 4 x 14s I had so much. It's ok for the price if you really need the magnification. The warts and blemishes of cheap glass start showing up at 10X and are glaringly apparent at 20x. As would be expected, the eye box is much smaller at 25x than 14x. What I really miss is the travel of the 4-14, 90 moa compared to 65 for the 5x25.

I also have a SS10X and yes it is a nice fixed power scope for the price, but it's still a fixed power scope at that price.

Lots of great features for the price and usable quality, but I suggest you think about how much you really need the magnification.

Hi, I originally bought the 5x25x50 for my Savage 10 HS Precision and for the money I think it is a very good optic. I upgraded to a Bushnell 3.5-21 x 50 and there is a big difference in optical clarity. I still have the Falcon I mounted on my DPMS LR 308 and I have not any problems. The scope has always held zero and I performed a box test on it and it did what is was supposed to do. Personally I like the scope, I think you get a lot for the money. Also, when I purchased mine none of the US dealers had one in stock. I called on of the US dealers to pick his brain and he said there is a reason I can't keep them in stock it because you get a lot for the money. Give RW Snyder a call that's who I spoke to, I had to buy mine from Scopes Direct in the UK. I still have mine and it still works like a charm. The Bushnell is a lot better optically but it's 3X the price.

yes she really is...as much as I hate to admit it she is better than I am. She fell in love with my original remmy and made it hers. I painted the bell and Carlson stock lime green for her. Her very first rifle comp was an aim for a cure local match with about 70 dude and 10 women. The course was 10 shots in 10 bulls like a dot drill at 100. very windy and cold; she not only swept the women's class, but she swept the entire comp with a score of 89! In the process she beat two semi pro shooters who were there ( the second place score was 85) She really is amazing and when I get back from here were gonna look into getting her sponsored in 3 gun.