• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone familiar with S&B PM I scopes?

delixe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2014
Valley Forge, PA
A friend is considering acquiring a PMI 3-12x50 scope and that's a little before my time.
What he's trying to ascertain is, how is the optical quality in the PMI scopes, does S&B still offer turret knobs for the PMI (as it has BDC turrets calibrated for .308 but it's going on a 5.56) and what potentially is the value of a scope like this in good condition?
Thanks in advance for any insight you might offer.

So would I, especially since they do not seem to exist. A Police Marksmen I, right? Not II?

Awesome that someone directly from Schmidt and Bender is right on the thread. Again, amazing customer service. Thank's Jerry!

Much like WWI was not denominated as such until WWII, it is unlikely S&B would mark a scope PMI.

This is the scope in question, maybe I wasn't using the right terminology when I called it a PM I and asked delixe for some help

Looks instead to be a Klassic, possibly with the A8 Varmint reticle.

Attachments

• opplanet-schmidt-bender-klassic-4-16-50-varmint-8-dot-reticle-third-turret-var-power-riflescope-.jpg
    opplanet-schmidt-bender-klassic-4-16-50-varmint-8-dot-reticle-third-turret-var-power-riflescope-.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
From what I understand, all the original Police Marksman scopes had 30mm tubes and those smaller turrets.
Very much like the precision hunter line currently available (which can be had in exposed windage turret too), except with more travel adjustment (the precision hunter I have goes to 3.2mils elevation, in .1mil clicks, which is fine for precise varmint shooting up to 500m).
I wish S&B would bring back some of these older models, especially the 1.5-6x42 police marksman. Be good for a short to mid range hunting scope.
I personally don't care for high zoom ratios. Makes for expensive scopes it seems.