• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

anyone for New Holland Rifle match feb 20th?

Re: anyone for New Holland Rifle match feb 20th?

I have a friend riding down with me. I think he goes by Schwoogie Monster on the Hide..... Trying to work out what time he can leave to head down on Saturday.

What Hotel are you guys staying at Medic?

haven't planned that out yet hugo. something on the cheaper side without dipping down into bed bug quality, lol

bwahahahaha, if i have to watch amish people bone im out............,....
sick.gif

they got a military discount? you bookin' now or walkin in..

If you book on-line you just enter the code. No one ever checks. It only saves you $8 anyway, but that could be a couple beer later on
wink.gif
You'd have to give them a call to see if they have military discount. I'm not 100% on that.

I'm waiting to hear back from Schwoogie. If he has to work Saturday we may have to drive down early Sunday monring.....

Hugo

And Hairy! Barf :s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amish girls are hot!
smile.gif
</div></div>

i dunno, "i think im gonna kick it amish for awhile" (sex drive)

anyway.......back to who's going and other pertinent info

giggidy

anyone have input on how shooting order goes and how they keep score? also is rangefinders allowed or are you told what range the targets are at by the way hugo your rifle is sick no drop on bullet trace

NHRPC is a square range so target distances are easily known. Worst case, you have to count the berms. LRF isn't needed in any way.

i just booked at the best western military discount gets you 71 bucks a night for double room.

We will make sure you guys have a real good time. You will like the people and the friendly chopbusting atmosphere.

The CoF is subject to change due to weather conditions. That's what we're planning on.

Typical pit protocol will be in play. You'll be in a relay and either be pitting or shooting. We can keep guys who came together in the same relay. No issue with that. I'm actually surprised we don't have more AR shooters. The bulk of the registrants thus far are shooting precision.

There is no dedicated lunch break so keep your snacky bag with you and try to eat when you can.

--Fargo007

Freddie,
Are the LR and AR matches running concurrent? I had heard that the LR was more of a side match. Let me know.

Sam

If the CoF is changed, do you have an idea of a round count for what we will be shooting? Just wanting to know what to bring with me.....
wink.gif

Hugo

Hey guys,

Should be the same round count. Bring that at least. Unless we have another snowstorm we should be G2G as written with a little volunteer snow shoveling in the pits... (this means U).

The AR's and precision are basically shooting the same CoF but the AR's have a higher round count accordingly as it is a more difficult shot for those calibers.

The entire CoF is posted up above.

--Fargo007

Is the snow super hard? Should I bring a regular snow shovel or a steel D-Handled stone shovel?

Glad to help
wink.gif

I'll be sure to don my coolie uniform before getting started. Would you like us there a little early, say around 08:00? Just to make sure all is well for our 09:00 tee time
wink.gif

why don't we just have the ar guys lay some suppressive fire into the pits first.......you know, just to break up the crust :}

seroiusly though, im in for two strong backs (me and bro). just let us know when to show.

Sure, you can come a little early and help out. I would really appreciate that a lot guys.

Yeah - it's not really the impact area I am worried about but the area where the people will have to stand and operate the targs.

Thanks,

--Fargo007

excellent JM, hey fill out your profile so people know where your from and whatnot. see you there!

Anyone have extra Chamber Empty Flags? I think mine is at TVP, Reade, or somewhere in between......

Thanx,
Hugo

lol, alan ordered some, i think there is more than two a pack. if there is one is yours

Hugo-

NHRPC has them in the clubhouse for $1 donation, if there isn't one in the pack for you already just let someone with a key to the building know and they can get you fixed up.

Thanx, I'll get a a few in they have them. I'm always forgeting them.....

Hugo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hugo-

NHRPC has them in the clubhouse for $1 donation, if there isn't one in the pack for you already just let someone with a key to the building know and they can get you fixed up. </div></div>

Fargo, has the snow melted, or do we still need the shovels. If I don't hear back from you, I just have them in the truck anyway....
laugh.gif

the countdown has begun! haven't had a weekened off in a few months, and i cant wait!

we will still shoot in the rain if it pops up right?

Is spectating open to the public on this? I recently joined NH (have my Safety Orientation on the 26th, so I'm not officially a member yet), but might consider the drive out there just to see what's what if the weather was looking up.

Clubat- get in touch with me via PM, you can come hang out with me that day. I'm not certain I'm going to shoot. The range is not much snow, but a lot of sloppy ice and mud, I will be out there for sure, but I may just hang out and RSO for Fargo instead of shooting all the stages.

We still need the shovels.

Mike just called me from the range and shoveling will be required in the pit area but no place else. The decking, and the drop area for the target counterweights. Not too much to do though.

The range is not in bad shape at all.

No weather is expected. I would dress warmly though. It will be cold in the AM. It's always colder there than at my house for some odd reason.

I have gotten numerous requests to be able to check zero before the match. A lot of people haven't shot all winter so far or made changes to their guns. There will be a short 15min (enforced) time window to do that. Open to everyone.

Also - the NHRPC matches <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">are</span></span> open to the public if I didn't specifically mention that. Some special ones this year will be members only but if you see it posted here - it's a public attending match.

--Fargo007

Was hoping to help out tomorrow Freddy but mother nature decided to blow down two of my 100ft Pine trees and unfortunately one is on top of my neighbors garage!! so we'll be cutting tomorrow...be safe and have fun!

Egads... No problem.

Make sure he takes a shit load of pictures from loads of angles to support an insurance claim.

Please do come out again bro. We haven't seen you out in a while.

Shoot, help, just hang out - it's all good.

--Fargo007

It was cool meeting you guys today, even if I didn't really get to match SH names to faces. (I was "that guy" spectating who was in the pits with you guys.)

What few action photos I took, I'll toss up somewhere later so you guys can take a peek.

Bohem - I appreciate the invite, looking forward to seeing those of you who are local again once I get my membership worked out.

I've got some practice to do before I'm ready to compete, but it was cool getting to see what I should expect when the time comes.

I really need to lurk the comp board more often... Kicking myself for missing this.

Today was a lot of fun, thanks to Fargo007 for a great course of fire, the weather was pretty cooperative, and even though I wasn't feeling up to shooting I am still glad I made it out there today. Things ran smoothly and were well thought out, like usual with matches that Freddy takes charge of.

Cluebat, you have my number, give me a call when you get everything straightened out and we'll go shoot some more. The more the merrier.

All the others, guys from NY, NJ, it was great to see people willing to drive for a good place to shoot and hopefully we'll meet up again in the future.

I second Bohem's remarks, and thanks for the confidence in my MD'ing.

My thanks go to Bohem, Mike, Christine, Espo and everyone else who hustled to keep things moving for us all.

What a fantastic group of people, and a lot of them new to us too. We would love to have you all back again guys. Great people.

Please post an AAR here with your impressions. Especially if it's your first time shooting with us.

I have already tallied the scores.

http://nhrpc.org/index.php/groups

Many shot very well. If you had a bad day the only way to fix that is to get back out on the firing line and have a good one. ;-)

Based on some of the feedback Mike and I got a good time was had by all, and there was some interest in a one day movers & holdover scramble clinic.

Thanks for coming out and supporting a club that supports our sport.

I know the economy is bad because I didn't get ANY takers on my offer to call the pits on demand and have your hits carefully described for a mere $20.00.

--Fargo007

Here's the pics I snapped today, nothing really cool but people seem to like having pics of them shooting so I tossed em up.

(Note: There aren't really (m)any identifiable faces, but if anyone has an issue with their photo being online, just let me know and I'll nuke em)

http://imgur.com/a/DCZZL#T8EIK

nice pics clue!

Yeah i agree the course was great, and everything went very smoothly.Freddy and ros did a nice job-

AAR- the only thing on the bad side for me would be that it was my first formal competition. Having the COF plan ahead of time was nice, but then when they changed a bit at the last minute it did throw me. i know adapt and overcome.

i was thrown mostly just because i was afraid to throw a round when we weren't supposed to, or otherwise make a jackass of myself. things were moving fast and i didnt wanna be "that guy"

good- course ran smoothly. --very smoothly
pits were well run and orchestrated.
safety was obvious and good comms on the radio between pit and ro.
i thought a very challenging course.

no one wants to come out and miss everything, but i didn't want to come out and shoot clean stages every time either. there was a really good mix of challenges for both the novice and expert.

thanks for putting it on, plan on comming back in 2 months!

thanks
keith

Nice Cube..... The pics my father was taking are all fuzzy. His auto-focus went out on him......

Had a great day at the range. Next time I won't finish the Two Pounder at Fuddruckers the night before the match
wink.gif
I was feeling ill for most of the day. At least I didn't end up spraying anyone.....

Fargo, other DM's, and all shooters thanks for a great day, and I hope to be down again for the next one. Everything ran great today.

Hugo

Fred, Mike, as always a great job. Challenging targets, a tough course of fire, and as usual a friendly atmosphere.
I cant get enough of those movers. How is it possible to nail a moving balloon in five shots and then miss a dog sized target with ten?????
I've never shot an AR past 100 yards this match was a good test of my gear. And for the most part it worked!!! Just need better data for my load.
Thanks guys great job, Kevin

Hugo - Nice finish there. There were some good shooters on board. I'd say the cheeseburger did some good. For future reference I do leave the clubhouse open should a competitor need to 'release the hostages.'

medic - You put numbers up on every stage. This is what we tell newer shooters who take counsel with us on how to improve - try to get at least SOME points on every stage, then study it, and work on the ones that are low.

Only yourself, Hugo and Mike never got zapped. Everyone else carried a goose egg somewhere. Coming in fourth in your first one ever is pretty damn good. Nice job. This CoF was not easy for either the precision or the DMR shooters.

Come on out again. We will be shooting there just about every month and we have other ones at a different range in Lewistown PA that is out to 1025Y.

--Fargo007

Thanks Freddie,

I was pretty happy with all of my performance except the 600 yard line.

really do appreciate everything you guys did to make it happen! i will be attending the match in april if there is one. im interested in that lewistown one as well.

gotta say the day was fun and yes us ny boys will be back great shooting and great bunch of guys first formal match and it was a blast fast action and plenty of challenging stages. the only issue i had was being rushed at the end of the day. i understand time constraint and trying to get everyone one through but i dont feel at any point guys should be rushed to finish the day.it was also good to see where i compare to guys that have done this alot more than me. im hooked