• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Anyone from North central KY

silentnswift

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2012
Kentucky
Anyone from around Trimble, Henry, Carroll county area? Looking for some places to shoot more than 100 yards. Maybe a few to shoot with.

Anyone from around Trimble, Henry, Carroll county area? Looking for some places to shoot more than 100 yards. Maybe a few to shoot with.
I’m moving to Cincinnati area soon. I am in a similar hunt. I’ll be happy to share any info if you’d be willing to do the same for me.

Good luck and I hope we can help each other.

Will do, I did find a FB group "Ohio precision Rifle" they list some matches and such. I think it's more northern Ohio.

Will do, I did find a FB group "Ohio precision Rifle" they list some matches and such. I think it's more northern Ohio.
I got a PM from a helpful gentleman who mentioned that FB group.

I understand you’re in Northern KY but FWIW, he also mentioned:

“Most of the good ranges are in eastern and northeastern Ohio unfortunately. I'm just north of Columbus and shoot at:

Rayner's Range (open pretty much all the time, steel to 1k-yds, $20/day).

Thunder Valley Precision (call first, cuz their schedule is wonky, $30/day, steel to 1-mi)

Southington Hunt Club (very far from Cincy, weird schedule, steel to 700-yd)

Apex (even farther from Cincy)

This Saturday the NEK F&G range is having their monthly PRS match. Great time, $20, super relaxed”

I haven’t looked into the “NEK F&G” yet. I don’t know how helpful this is for you (or me), but it’s a start. If I have to travel for lack of a better solution, so be it.

Thanks and please remember to keep me in the loop!

Not sure if you have seen or looked at rockcastle shooting center. It's in park city KY. Would be a decent trip for you'd id imagine but everyone I've spoken says it's worth it.

I’m in Northern Ky. There’s a 350yd range in crittenden that’s nice.

Checking out the ranges listed I wouldn’t mind taking the trip to Rayners Range and checking it out.

Rock castle is another option but it looks like you have to be a member or with a member to get on the 1600yd range.

Checking out the ranges listed I wouldn’t mind taking the trip to Rayners Range and checking it out.

Rock castle is another option but it looks like you have to be a member or with a member to get on the 1600yd range.
I’m picking up some gear this week and will be selecting one of the options from this thread or one of a couple similar. Im more than ready to stretch out! I’m thinking Sunday will be a good day.

I’m not quite ready to stretch out. Have rifle, ammo, and optic. Mount won’t be in for a couple more days.

I’m hoping to hit the 350yd local range Sunday afternoon to zero and start building short range data.

I’m not quite ready to stretch out. Have rifle, ammo, and optic. Mount won’t be in for a couple more days.

I’m hoping to hit the 350yd local range Sunday afternoon to zero and start building short range data.
Where you headed? I’m definitely ready; work has been nuts and I need a man day. Feel free to PM

I am in Rowan Co. We have a small public range at the DBNF. It goes out to 200y (230y if you shoot all the way to the hill). There is a fee of $10/car. Firing line is covered. It gets pretty crowded on pretty weekends though. We also have a private club in Ashland. Northeastern KY Fish & Game Assoc. It will show up with a google search. Several ranges from pistol & rifle to long range rifle out to 400y on one and 600y on another. Trap also. The privacy and the multitude of ranges makes it easy to shoot alone or with a group as you desire. I do most of my rimfire work there. The have matches for a variety of shooting games. Some are open to non-members. I can arrange a visit if you like. PM me.

Irish

What’s the name of the range in crittenden? I’m in mason. Rayners is a pretty nice place to shoot been a couple times.

Thunder is another place but a not a lot of targets and options. Plus goes straight from 1000 yards to 1760 yards, nothing inbetween.

What’s the name of the range in crittenden? I’m in mason. Rayners is a pretty nice place to shoot been a couple times.

Thunder is another place but a not a lot of targets and options. Plus goes straight from 1000 yards to 1760 yards, nothing inbetween.

The range in crittenden is in the Curtis Gates Lloyd WMA. It’s just a few miles off I75. Open range days are listed on the KY dept of wildlife website calendar.

I still haven’t made the trip to Rayner’s. I need to make time!

Is it one of those annoying places you have to shoot through the tubes?

There is a 100yd range like that but there is also a 350yd range that is managed by a club that has benches.

Look up Northern KY Sharp Shooters association.

Northeastern Kentucky fish and game club is located in Boyd Co/ Ashland. We have an active long range shooting division and host open range practice day 1st Saturday of each month, and PRS compition 3rd Saturday of each month. Range offers steel targets 200yds out to 684yds. Shooting from prone, barracade, rooftop, loophole, unstable platform, tripod stages, 55 gal drum, etc.targets out past 600 years are magneto speed hit indicator light equipped.

Northeastern Kentucky fish and game club is located in Boyd Co/ Ashland. We have an active long range shooting division and host open range practice day 1st Saturday of each month, and PRS compition 3rd Saturday of each month. Range offers steel targets 200yds out to 684yds. Shooting from prone, barracade, rooftop, loophole, unstable platform, tripod stages, 55 gal drum, etc.targets out past 600 years are magneto speed hit indicator light equipped.
I've always wanted to come out there and shoot. I live in Lexington and have heard good things about that place.

I am from southern IN and we have a range in Switzerland County, Switzerland County Sportsman’s Club. There is a rifle range with steel out to 660 in 50-100 yard increments. Membership is $25 a year and there is a 25 yard pistol range and 50 yard rifle range. Through the week is usually open. Weekends starting in the spring will have a competition of some sort : pistol, long range, .22, trap.

I am from southern IN and we have a range in Switzerland County, Switzerland County Sportsman’s Club. There is a rifle range with steel out to 660 in 50-100 yard increments. Membership is $25 a year and there is a 25 yard pistol range and 50 yard rifle range. Through the week is usually open. Weekends starting in the spring will have a competition of some sort : pistol, long range, .22, trap.

That’s not too far of a haul for me. I’m interested in checking that out sometime.

A bit put of your way, but we have a place in Hazard Ky leased, that goes out to 1600 yards. We will be having club series PRS matches this year as well. Look up Deplorable Riflemans Club if you have Facebook.

Reactions: Marksman_92
317 I’m hoping to get down that way sometime as well. The stars just haven’t aligned right yet.

1600 yds will be a workout for me and my 20” .308

I'm in north central ky, just 2 counties southwest of you. Knob Creek range goes just past 320 yards, and is $10 per day. There is also a 500 yard range outside Borden Indiana, but you have to be a member. It's the Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Association.