• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Anyone from South Georgia?

DamagedGuds

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2019
GA
Anyone here from South Georgia, Valdosta area? Looking to meet some new people to share information and go shooting with, more specifically for long range/PRS style practice (something I'm trying to get into).

About an hour NE of Valdosta near Douglas, GA.

Arena over in Blakely is offering another open range day on their 2,200 meter UKD range August 1st and 2nd.

I take the family over once a year ago so we can get out farther than the 419 distance we currently have as the farthest we can shoot at our range a few miles from our house.

About an hour NE of Valdosta near Douglas, GA.

Arena over in Blakely is offering another open range day on their 2,200 meter UKD range August 1st and 2nd.

I take the family over once a year ago so we can get out farther than the 419 distance we currently have as the farthest we can shoot at our range a few miles from our house.
A couple friends and I will be going to that. I was up there a couple of months ago and had a good time. I need a range finder. Luckily, someone was there to help me range the targets and spot my impacts. Can't see or hear the 1-mile impacts from a 6.5 CM with a ranger out there.

Last edited:
First thing I always do there is make my son draw a range card, estimating ranges by eye and using the Steiners and rifle glass comparing sizes of the F targets. I think this helps him get used to estimating distances with the MKI eyeball. Then he checks them with the LRF.

There is (or was last time we were there) a cheat sheet drawn on a chloroplast sign near the steps to the berm with the overhead cover :)

I don't usually go anywhere past 800 Although I've shot the car a couple times for funsies!

Anyone know of other places to shoot for known distances here, other than Olympia Bend? I'd like to build DOPE out to 1K for my suppressor. I am headed to Arena again at the end of the month for the UKD range and then found a PRS unscored match near Warner Robins on the 19th of Sept

Last edited:
Nah I wish there was somewhere close. I’ve been up to Cool acres a couple times but it is almost 3 hours. If you find somewhere close or know someone with property to lease let me know I would be interested

There is a place near-ish. Check out https://bsfshootingsports.com/. They are under 2 hours away from here. Their range goes out to 850 yds BUT you have to qualify to utilize AND have to bring your own targets when you are using after you have qualified

Yeah I know of the place, I have some coworkers who go down there and shoot sporting clays there. From what I understand to shoot there is by appointment and they have to shut down the sporting clays to allow you to shoot to 850

I've driven down there a few times with no appointment. Never had a problem to shoot
They do qualifications once a month. Pretty easy to do if you have the right equipment.

I shoot here out to about 100-150 for load development. I have 63 acres that buys up to banks lake national wildlife refuge and the property was clear cut all the way to the refuge but has since grown up with a under brush and is wet most of the year. I think it would be possible to get a atn in there and maybe drive some 10ft poles into the ground to hang plates to shoot over underbrush

I have some friends south of valdosta that I have shot with out to 800 but I can’t freely go out there. I have shot out at jakes since it have been open at the old and new place, 500-600 yards gets boring pretty quick

I’m interested in going to Arena over in blakely, I’ve never been. I built and 375 cheytac a few years back and have been dieting to go stretch out her legs

I’m interested in going to Arena over in blakely, I’ve never been. I built and 375 cheytac a few years back and have been dieting to go stretch out her legs
I'm headed out on the 29th. They're having a range day for their 2400 yd UKD range.

Yeah I was going to go but have been able to get dies and work up a load yet. And box ammo for that stupid thing is unobtanium. Maybe this fall when it cools down I will try it out. A coworker of mine has a barrett m107 that he has been itching to go

Bummer. If and when you get the chance to go out there let me know. Maybe we can get together.

Most certainly will do.

If you've heard of Full Tilt Tactical, apparently they are getting a 1500 yd range together out in Moultrie. When I spoke to the owner he was anticipating opening in January. We shall see.

Yes, sir! That's them. Currently, they have a small range in Adel, 50/100 yards, mostly AR and pistol stuff. Again, though, it was right before this COVID thing started when I spoke to him.