• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anyone Got Wood ?

PistonPete

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2009
Somewhere in the desert S.W.
don't know about you folks but this stock set has me thinking about getting a set.

shapeimage_21.png

here is another i like:
IMG_0201_800x329.jpg

i love beautiful wood, i made a Hawken muzzle loader with curly maple similar to the wood on the second rifle photo.

Re: Anyone Got Wood ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaw921</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out Rock River Arms website, they have them.</div></div>
$150 for set

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> don't know about you folks but this stock set has me thinking about getting a set.</div></div>

Thanks, Pete, but I've already got a set
wink.gif
Next you'll be asking if I like your wood
laugh.gif

Just kidding. Great stock pics.

That is very nice, I may have to get a set just so the Govt. can't call it a "black rifle" anymore.

Those make it politically correct and socially acceptable to own.

All that is missing now is some high luster blueing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaw921</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaw921</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out Rock River Arms website, they have them.</div></div>
$150 for set </div></div>

Why do I have a feeling that for $150 you aren't going to get the quality of wood from the original post? The OP has some gorgous wood and the blanks alone are probably close to $1000!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reelman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaw921</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaw921</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out Rock River Arms website, they have them.</div></div>
$150 for set </div></div>

Why do I have a feeling that for $150 you aren't going to get the quality of wood from the original post? The OP has some gorgous wood and the blanks alone are probably close to $1000!</div></div>

Well my bet is the ones that Rock River offers are made by the same people as shown in the original post.

i am thinking about this one for one of my flat tops.

IMG_0350_800x339.jpg

and this one in Birdseye or CM-5+

shapeimage_20.png

if i can get it in what the muzzle loaders call CM 5+ = Curly Maple 5+

Birdseye curly Maple:
Birdseye%20Maple.jpg

i am going to call them today and ask if they would make a set if i send them the wood. can you imagine what the above wood would look like with a nice deep brown stain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> don't know about you folks but this stock set has me thinking about getting a set.

shapeimage_21.png

here is another i like:
IMG_0201_800x329.jpg

i love beautiful wood, i made a Hawken muzzle loader with curly maple similar to the wood on the second rifle photo. </div></div>
That's Walnut... Isn't it?
Really Beautiful! Thanks alot for posting it... Now I want one!