• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have a Prometheus II???

If you are going to trickle onto a good quality scale, there is no need for a Chargemaster to dispense .1 light. Buy the cheapest powder throw you can find. You don't need accuracy / repeatability. I use a Lee. Much faster than waiting for the Chargemaster. One crank of the handle then on the scale to trickle with the Omega.

My Chargemaster is in the closet. Might go up for sale soon.

If I were starting over I'd just buy a lee PM if I was going to throw and weigh but I already have a Harrels so that's what I use, plus it's a good tool when throwing in 223 with ball powder and 55 FMJ's for blasting ammo.

I've been mentioning this same thing as you ever since I've been on forums. For some reason people don't think it can be done fast??? Heck I've even sold my trickler because I've found it even faster to pinch the powder from a separate pan and trickle from the fingers. After a while you get the feel of how much powder to pinch and then you really speed up.

I can see the allure and advantages of the P2, especially being able to seat a bullet while it's weighing powder but for as much reloading and shooting as I do it wouldn't be worth it to me.

I question the ability of a 502 scale..

Kyle

Why do you question the ability of a 502 scale? All the RCBS/Ohaus range, 502, 505, 5-10, and 10/10 all use exactly the same floating agate bearing/knife edge system, the parts are interchangeable. The 10/10 is no more accurate than the 502. When carefully prepared they are sensitive, repeatable and reliable. As with all scales, use of a set of check weights is part of the routine.

I question the ability of a 502 scale..

Kyle

It looks pretty darn accurate to me. 5 kernels of Varget puts it right on the line of .1 over, which is exactly what I get with Varget on My GD503. Did you watch the video?

I have a early 80's model Ohaus 10-10 scale. I used it since I was a kid until I got chargemasters. It may be old, but I'd trust it over any other scale, especially an electronic.

Why do you question the ability of a 502 scale? All the RCBS/Ohaus range, 502, 505, 5-10, and 10/10 all use exactly the same floating agate bearing/knife edge system, the parts are interchangeable. The 10/10 is no more accurate than the 502. When carefully prepared they are sensitive, repeatable and reliable. As with all scales, use of a set of check weights is part of the routine.

Ok,
I have a 505 and have seen repeat ability issues

Macmathews,
you need to google Scott Parker scales and send in your 505. He tunes them up for cheap and makes them significantly more repeatable.

Can someone please put up a video showing how to change the weight. Is it just like any beam scale?