• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have a Savage 11/111 Long Range Hunter?

LeviSS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2010
IL
Thinking about getting one in .260Rem. Anyone have one or shot one? What do you think about them?

Re: Anyone have a Savage 11/111 Long Range Hunter?

I had the 111 in .300 Wincheter Magnum and was not impressed.

The muzzlebrake was included in the barrel length and was non-removable. The barrel was basically the same length as a regular sporter with the brake adding the extra two inches. The barrel may have been a slightly heavier contour but not that I could tell.

The Karsten comb was a nice feature but positioned too far back. I ended up drilling new holes and moving it forward. The accuracy was okay though I did not keep it long enough to work up loads for it.

Comparing it to the regular sporter, it basically costs almost $300 extra for matte finish, a non-removable brake, and the Karsten comb. Which is why I sold mine as soon as I could talk someone into buying me out of it.