• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have issues with Desert Tactical in Utah?

mike@rss

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2014
Colorado
I have had some customer service issues with these guys and I am curious if anyone has had any issues with them. I couldn't get them to respond to an email or phone call.

If its the company that makes the rifle. I have nothing but good things to say!!

I am a premier dealer for Desert Tech and I am located about 10 minutes from the Desert Tech Facility here in Salt Lake. Please let me know if you would like me to help you out.

Last edited:
I have had some customer service issues with these guys and I am curious if anyone has had any issues with them. I couldn't get them to respond to an email or phone call.
I have had nothing but great experiences with them. ..

I bought a scope from them this spring (picked it up in person as I only live a few hours north) noticed it had a flaw in the reticle after spending a little time behind it. Fired off 2-3 emails with pictures to the guy I had an ongoing conversation with prior to picking up the glass and never got a response... Luckily kahles replaced the scope for me. I had thought about buying a dta prior to this experience but I certainly won't now.

I bought a scope from them this spring (picked it up in person as I only live a few hours north) noticed it had a flaw in the reticle after spending a little time behind it. Fired off 2-3 emails with pictures to the guy I had an ongoing conversation with prior to picking up the glass and never got a response... Luckily kahles replaced the scope for me. I had thought about buying a dta prior to this experience but I certainly won't now.

Shadydiesel - I am sorry to hear about your experience. I know they have done some reorganizing of the sales department. If you get ahold or Ryan or Madision they can help make sure you are taken care of.

Like I said before, I am one of Desert Tech's larger dealers and am located about 10 minutes from them in Salt Lake. If anyone happens to need some help getting something taken care of at Desert Tech Ryan or Madison are fantastic to deal with. If you ever happen to need any additional help, I am happy to do whatever I can on my end to make sure you are taken care of.

Likewise, if anyone is in the Salt Lake area and would like to get behind an SRS, I would be happy to take you out and let you burn some powder in my personal SRS rifle.

RMW, do you have a store address. I'm new to Utah from Vegas and would to speak to the locals about where I can shoot my bolt gun? Also I'd like to take a look at some DTA rifles in person if you have them.

RMW, do you have a store address. I'm new to Utah from Vegas and would to speak to the locals about where I can shoot my bolt gun? Also I'd like to take a look at some DTA rifles in person if you have them.

Ultraman550 -

I just sent you my info via a private message. Give me a call and I'll get you out to demo an SRS (way better than just fondling one in a store).

- RMW

My experience has been great. They have given me shop tours in their old and new buildings, have offered to take a group out to shoot the HTI before it was fully released, and I doubt they would even recognize me if I walked by them on the street. My point is that they have been very accommodating and have a vested interest in their providing great customer service. Leave them a message and they will get back to you. It may even take a couple of days. If you need help, RMW is great to deal with. He should definitely be able to take care of you and is knowledgeable. I have had a conversation with orkan and he is also very willing and able to answer any and all questions, as well as go out of his way to give you informative answers. (Just don't bag on a TT scope... :) )

They have always been great with me on minor issues several times. They have grown very fast and are doing a lot of R&D. Sorry for your issues! I'd try talking with RMW. Don't pass up a chance to experience this rifle. Very unique and practical :)

If this is Mike from RMSS, I have dealt with you personally several times, I know you're a stand-up guy and run a rock solid business. The fellas at Desert Tech are too, as are the gentlemen on this forum. I've spoken with one of the guys on the phone at DT and he answered my beginner questions very professionally, succinctly and politely. I don't know how much time you've given them to respond but I'm sure they'll get you taken care of.

Last edited:
I just purchased a DTA SRS A1 and had some questions. Called Desert Tech, got a live person, had all questions answered happily and they were great. Very pleasantly surprised!

Ultraman550 -

I just sent you my info via a private message. Give me a call and I'll get you out to demo an SRS (way better than just fondling one in a store).

- RMW

Now that's service with a smile. I wish more businesses (not on here) were like that these days.