• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes anyone have one of these scopes ?

Kokodog

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2013
on top of a wind swept ridge
right now my budget is severely limited to the point of being near ZERO .......... so I'm looking at alternatives

I really like the Chevrons as aiming points, but I'm not too certain about the mount that is attached

it would be sitting on top of my PWS MK109

POSP 6x42 VariPOSP, 1000m Rangefinder, Weaver

posp_8x42v_4_600_4.jpg

x42w1.jpg

found here >>> LINK HERE

any thoughts or ideas or other ?

Don't get a POSP they are made in Belarus using a very outdated design, good luck no warranty when it break.s

Contrary to popular belief there ARE options for 300 or under.

Look at the SWFA super sniper scopes, weaver 3-10 grand slam (midwayusa) and 10x40 bushnell mildot.

All made in Japan and they work.

PWS mk109, 300black right?

Maybe a 1-4 then like the burris MTAC and then go to the range and figure out which dot corresponds with X amount of distance.

Also, if your budget doesn't allow for a decent scope or the one you want DO NOT buy a cheap scope! You will break it. You will need to replace it. And you will pay more to do so than if you would have saved from the beginning.
I've done this once (and with not that cheap of a scope, just not what I wanted) and WILL NEVER do so again.
Stick with irons 'til you can get what you really want.
Buy once, cry once is more than an elitist cliche...

Another scope I believe fits in with the Midway Weaver, Bushnell 10x, or SS 6x or 10x awesome values is the Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40. I have he mildot/ mil adjustment mod1 version and I actually like it way more than I expected to. It has performed great for me so far and has spent some time on my 300 win as well with no issues. Came with a free AR mount too for $349!
If still to much dough, the SS 10x mil/moa is $249 with a bunch of accessories included (at least on eBay), though in this day and age matching units is worth paying for.

Looks like the scope that comes on a PSL.

Funny thing is, the PSL scopes are Schott glass and Zeiss coatings. Schott and Zeiss plants ended up on the wrong side of the Iron Curtain.

Something just doesn't add up here. You have a PWS MK109, yet little to no money for a scope? I assume you are looking at the POSP purely because you think it looks cool. That optic is made specifically for AK platforms. I'm not trying to be a complete asshole, but you have a ~$1,500 black rifle and your trying to put an AK scope on it because it looks cool and you cant afford anything else?

I totally agree with Supergyro. If you aren't committed enough to get a decent optic then get a set of iron sights and run those until you are. It will make you a better shooter and you'll be glad you did in the long run if you do stick it out. I'm not saying you need to spend a grand on a scope as a total beginner, but you should wait until you have the knowlege and money to get a decent optic instead of buying the cool looking one you can afford right now.

Something just doesn't add up here. You have a PWS MK109, yet little to no money for a scope? I assume you are looking at the POSP purely because you think it looks cool. That optic is made specifically for AK platforms. I'm not trying to be a complete asshole, but you have a ~$1,500 black rifle and your trying to put an AK scope on it because it looks cool and you cant afford anything else?

I totally agree with Supergyro. If you aren't committed enough to get a decent optic then get a set of iron sights and run those until you are. It will make you a better shooter and you'll be glad you did in the long run if you do stick it out. I'm not saying you need to spend a grand on a scope as a total beginner, but you should wait until you have the knowlege and money to get a decent optic instead of buying the cool looking one you can afford right now.

what does not add up, I'm on a budget, or do you have difficulties comprehending that paradigm, I do not have nearly $1500.00 in my PWS MK109 - I bought a used upper at a decent price, built my own lower when they were still easy to get and not too costly for the stripped lower (hell, I didn't have nearly that much in the M14 clone that I built w/ a Nat'l Match barrel years ago) .......and it is not any kind of cool factor, a chevron for aiming is very effective, but then based on the smart assed way you posted and commented I can clearly see that you do not know as much as you think you do, I asked a simple question, it did not deserve a cheap shot, you should take some lessons from the other members here that were rather decent and ciivil in answering my question, I can get your kind of answers over on ARFCOM if I am that desperate

Last edited:
Those Russian scopes are kinda neat but I'd say go with the CMR-AK. I have a friend with a 5.56 CMR on his LMT carbine, I tried it out and liked it a lot.... I think it's a bargain at $300ish.

Looks like the scope that comes on a PSL.

Funny thing is, the PSL scopes are Schott glass and Zeiss coatings. Schott and Zeiss plants ended up on the wrong side of the Iron Curtain.

yeah, makes you wonder if these are a cheap knock-off from Belarus with no real warranty or do they really have high quality glass and coatings ?????

a number of years back when the US market was just beginning to be flooded with surplus Russian Army Binoculars (and they were still a bargain)
I had chance to look thru a pair that had some serious wear on the outside, very sharp images came thru and bright, I should have snatched them up
at the time even through they were a bit out of my price range at the time, they would have been a good investment due to the excellent quality of the glass

correct

I have considered the new offering from Hi-Lux / Leatherwood, their CMR-AK762 Tactical Scope

it is supposed to work with the .300 Blackout & Whisper in addition to the 7.62x39

There is a scope from Pride Fowler that is designed for the 300 blackout as well.

Leatherwood and Pride Fowler are 300buck chinese scopes.

what does not add up, I'm on a budget, or do you have difficulties comprehending that paradigm, I do not have nearly $1500.00 in my PWS MK109 - I bought a used upper at a decent price, built my own lower when they were still easy to get and not too costly for the stripped lower (hell, I didn't have nearly that much in the M14 clone that I built w/ a Nat'l Match barrel years ago) .......and it is not any kind of cool factor, a chevron for aiming is very effective, but then based on the smart assed way you posted and commented I can clearly see that you do not know as much as you think you do, I asked a simple question, it did not deserve a cheap shot, you should take some lessons from the other members here that were rather decent and ciivil in answering my question, I can get your kind of answers over on ARFCOM if I am that desperate

Hahaha, Calm down big shot. Im not about to pick a fight over this... I just assumed that anyone who knew their ass from a hole in the ground would understand that a POSP was never intended to be slapped on to an AR platform rifle, then again I'm just a smart ass looking to take cheap shots.

I agree, many other members here gave some great advice, just like I said in my original reply. If you aren't committed enough to spend the money on decent glass than you are only hurting yourself in the long run, but dont listen to me, go pick up that counter sniper scope with the triple illuminated reticle and 19" sunshade thats been catching your eye for the low, low price of $29.95. Im sure it will do just fine for you.

-Smart Assed Retard

I have had an 8X POSP rail model on a 308 for 11 years, as always worked and is still working great, glass is clear and tracks good enough to make hits at 1121 yds. They are a bitch to zero but once done will never shift and have a zero stop built in at no extra charge.

...go pick up that counter sniper scope with the triple illuminated reticle and 19" sunshade thats been catching your eye for the low, low price of $29.95. Im sure it will do just fine for you.

-Smart Assed Retard
The Counter Sniper line of scopes does had one model that cost $7000.00 4 or 5 years ago. They were made of a special alloy, unobtanium. The vendor claimed the $7000.00 scopes were from a .gov over-run and we were getting them at his price.

There's at least 3 comprehensive reviews on the counter Sniper scope here on SH. Just hit the search.

Russian scopes are fine glass-wise. The real bitch is the mount. For example, I can't tell how well it is tracking because when my POSP is mounted, it uses in all the wind adjustment to get on target at 100m. So the mount has to be disassembled and shimmed, which I haven't done yet (playing with better scopes and better rifles). Illumination may or may not break on you (mine did). Neither POSP nor PSO (I have both, with the same complaints) adjust in MIL or MOA - it's bullet drop, and you aren't extremely likely to shoot Russian Light Ball. But the reticle is fine, and the glass is fine, the adjustments can be re-computed...

Mouse
NRA Life Member Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

At one time, IOR made a version of that scope which was reported to be quite good, they even sold it without the mount.
I see nothing but heartache attaching that scope to an AR.

If you are on a tight budget I would recommend the Bushnell AR 1-4 ffp scope.

I came up with a semi-acceptable solution for the interim (well for myself anyhow)

Midway had the Burris PEPR mounts on sale so I purchased the 1" QD model

and I dug out a straight 4X scope that I had taken off of a RWS air rifle, nothing special just a plain Jane reticle
(scopes that are made for air rifles are setup to take a enormous spike of stress/pressure that many other scopes cannot handle)

it will have to do for the time being until I can come up with real money for a scope that suits my needs

the strange thing is that this combination actually seems to bring a balance of all things to consider together as one

weird ……………….