• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Anyone have or shot a Sig RCS Comp 1911?

Trevor300wsm

Team Pantydropper
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 8, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Im about to buy a new compact 4" 1911 and Ive been looking at the Kimbers and Sig. I need to stay around the $1000-$1100 area. I was going to go with the Kimber Pro CDP, then I seen the Sig RCS and thought it looked comparable. This pistol will be carried everyday mostly on me as well as in the vehicle. As we all know the main thing with a everyday carry gun is reliability so Im asking for some opinions.

The CDP's are selling for around $1050 to $1100 and the RCS is selling for $979 at one place on GunBroker.

Re: Anyone have or shot a Sig RCS Comp 1911?

I have a Sig Tac Ops 1911 Carry, I have put about 300 rounds of the cheap tula ammo throughout with out a single issue. Have it in a cross breed IWB holster and its very comfortable to wear even in the truck. Gun is plenty accurate even with the cheap stuff at reasonable self defense distances. Can't speak for the Kimber but I am satisfied with my purchase thus far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im about to buy a new compact 4" 1911 and Ive been looking at the Kimbers and Sig. I need to stay around the $1000-$1100 area. I was going to go with the Kimber Pro CDP, then I seen the Sig RCS and thought it looked comparable. This pistol will be carried everyday mostly on me as well as in the vehicle. As we all know the main thing with a everyday carry gun is reliability so Im asking for some opinions.

The CDP's are selling for around $1050 to $1100 and the RCS is selling for $979 at one place on GunBroker. </div></div>

trevor300wsm,

Look at www.budsgunshop.com They have the Sig RCS for $875 shipped to your FFL.

Here is the link to the Sig RCS on their website:
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/50954

Little bit cheaper than $979. You can buy some ammo with the difference in money.

Rem5R

I would not buy a Sig 1911 of any kind. It won't fit a normal holster.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would not buy a Sig 1911 of any kind. It won't fit a normal holster. </div></div>

Yeah after a lil research I've read some pretty bad reviews on them.