• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Anyone have pics of PTG Bottom Metal instal in HS Stock

krxm21

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2005
OH
DIY Project.
I'm going to install PTG AI Mag bottom metal on my Rem 700 - HS Precision stock with Alum bedding block.
If you have experience and or pics I would appreciate the help.

I've done a couple (and had a couple done by LRI). I don't have any pictures off hand, but I can get some later. Anything in particular that you need to see?

Here's a pic that was on my phone. This doesn't help you but it shows Chad's awesome tricked out mill work on the bedding block.

Funnily enough I finished one a couple of hours ago. It's pretty much a Badger M5 inlet. The only problem is the way the HS stocks arch upwards (or downwards with the stock sitting upside down) between the front and rear of the inlet. It leaves the step on the DBM sort of sitting up in space as the stocks aren't flat between the action screws. They are quite a nice DBM though, particularly for the price.

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

Some more pics. Hint: do this BEFORE you paint your stock or it'll likely chip the paint as shown.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics.
Do you think the stock mods for their Stealth M5 would be similar?