• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have similar issues with PSA?

TexPatriot

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
Awhile back I bought 2 PSA 10.5 pistol kits. I bought a first one and it shot so well I bought a second as well as talked a buddy into buying one.
The second kit had issues. At 25 yds. it would barely stay on paper. I tried all kinds of ammo plus put a 3x scope on it and it still looked like a shotgun pattern. I sent it back to PSA with tight target groups from the first kit and then the targets from the second upper. They replaced the barrel and sent it back. No argument or questions asked.

I took it back to the range to see if wasn't another bad barrel and it shot ok however the front sight was canted, making me to have to crank the Magpul rear sight all the way to the right to get it on target. On the upside down table test it rocked on three legs and showed the FS was clearly canted.

What followed was me sending it back and forth to PSA along with the Magpul flip-up rear sight attached as proof with them not doing anything to it, not even adding a note saying what they did or didn't find. That pissed me off, after waiting weeks for it in the mail to finally have it arrive and nothing was done, not even an explanation of what they did. I sent it back a third time with a strongly worded letter saying the front sight is canted, shoot it and see for yourself.

They sent it back a third time, the last time with a note saying they had checked the FS by putting a bore sight in the bore and the FS checked out, that my Magpul flip-up rear sight was a counterfeit and the problem (even though I had ordered it from Magpul).

I swapped out the rear Magpul and put an LMT rear sight I had on another rifle that I knew was good and guess what? The gun still prints on the edge of the target showing the FS is canted.

I threw up my hands at that point, knowing I would never get satisfaction arguing with PSA, plus waiting weeks each time my upper was in transit. I may have to put a RD on it and ignore the fact the FS is canted.

Others have said barrels are cheap, just swap the barrel. Good barrels aren't cheap, plus I don't think I should have to do that.

Rant over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milf Dots
I also had issues with a 10.5 upper.
My barrel keyholed beautifully at 25 yards and out. There was no rifling at all. It was a smooth bore barrel. Palmetto did nothing for me and I never received a response from them. I was so disgusted with it I gave to a friend and he later stripped it for parts.

quantum penditur tantum emitur

- Jon

Somewhat related story, sort of. I have a Ruger AR-556 with a full-length picatinny rail and no-included sights - was my first AR. (Replaced the trigger with some-odd one I got on sale at whatever online store it was back then and it's been excellent.) Anyway, I did have trouble with Magpul iron sights where the gun would fire HARD right no matter how much I adjusted the Magpul sights (top mounted). Okay... so I eventually send the thing into Ruger with the sights attached. They tell me I must have counterfeit Magpul sights. (If they put their irons on it, it fires straight... apparently.) I got my sights from OpticsPlanet so I'm pretty sure they aren't counterfeit. I exchanged them anyway... still, the gun shot way right, no adjustment could fix.

Turns out, the handguard rail on which you'd mount the front sight was slightly twisted and slightly "lower" than the upper's integrated rail. I guess it was too much for Ruger to test that before determining I must have counterfeit Magpul sights! They never replaced the handguard...

• Wow
Reactions: Milf Dots
I also had issues with a 10.5 upper.
My barrel keyholed beautifully at 25 yards and out. There was no rifling at all. It was a smooth bore barrel. Palmetto did nothing for me and I never received a response from them. I was so disgusted with it I gave to a friend and he later stripped it for parts.

quantum penditur tantum emitur

- Jon
I'm surprised they didn't send a note back saying M4/AR15 bullets are supposed to tumble when they leave the barrel.

Awhile back I bought 2 PSA 10.5 pistol kits. I bought a first one and it shot so well I bought a second as well as talked a buddy into buying one.
The second kit had issues. At 25 yds. it would barely stay on paper. I tried all kinds of ammo plus put a 3x scope on it and it still looked like a shotgun pattern. I sent it back to PSA with tight target groups from the first kit and then the targets from the second upper. They replaced the barrel and sent it back. No argument or questions asked.

I took it back to the range to see if wasn't another bad barrel and it shot ok however the front sight was canted, making me to have to crank the Magpul rear sight all the way to the right to get it on target. On the upside down table test it rocked on three legs and showed the FS was clearly canted.

What followed was me sending it back and forth to PSA along with the Magpul flip-up rear sight attached as proof with them not doing anything to it, not even adding a note saying what they did or didn't find. That pissed me off, after waiting weeks for it in the mail to finally have it arrive and nothing was done, not even an explanation of what they did. I sent it back a third time with a strongly worded letter saying the front sight is canted, shoot it and see for yourself.

They sent it back a third time, the last time with a note saying they had checked the FS by putting a bore sight in the bore and the FS checked out, that my Magpul flip-up rear sight was a counterfeit and the problem (even though I had ordered it from Magpul).

I swapped out the rear Magpul and put an LMT rear sight I had on another rifle that I knew was good and guess what? The gun still prints on the edge of the target showing the FS is canted.

I threw up my hands at that point, knowing I would never get satisfaction arguing with PSA, plus waiting weeks each time my upper was in transit. I may have to put a RD on it and ignore the fact the FS is canted.

Others have said barrels are cheap, just swap the barrel. Good barrels aren't cheap, plus I don't think I should have to do that.

Rant over.

Put that shit, including pics and videos, all over their facebook page, and I bet they'll take notice. Then again, they may be used to reviews like that, and may not even notice or care.

I got a cheap 10.5 barrel, same thing 6-8” group at 25yds on a rest. I was correct on my assumption of how a $50 barrel people rave bout would be, but I was curious. This was a bear creek arsenal I believe.

Ballistic advantage is as cheap as I’ll go now.

Oddly enough the $35 on sale Glock barrel I got will shoot 1/2 IPSC Torsos at 100yd standing. Saw hundreds of good reviews on them. Shoots as good as my storm lake which is surprising.