• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone have ttrouble with Tula Sma Pistol primers?

Re: Anyone have ttrouble with Tula SM Pistol primers?

I don't use small pistol mag primers myself, but I do use Tula for everything else I load. They're hard primers, make sure you seat them as deep as possible, and that your hammer spring isn't super light.

Re: Anyone have ttrouble with Tula Sma Pistol primers?

Just started reloading with the Tula spp. Shooting in a few different xd's. They worked fine in the 9mm subcompact but there were issues in both of the .45 tacs. Had to order a heavier striker spring to get reliable ignition. Works ok now....

I have run about 10K in the last few years, only gun that I have issues with has a lightened hammer spring.

Every other gun that I have with factory hammer springs runs them all perfectly.

That leads me to another question. How heavy of a mainspring should I run in a 1911 for these primers, as I have some small primer pocket 45 ACP brass?

they are fameous for FTF with pistol cartridges. them tulas are tuff!!