• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here ever seen a UFO?

the once-ler

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2012
SC
Strange question I know, but I have never talked to anyone who first hand had actually witnessed one.

In the terms of unidentified flying object yes. It was a rather weird to say the least. I was with my family in the Georgian Bay on a week long fishing trip we would camp out on a rock in the middle of the bay. after dinner we were all sitting out just enjoying the nothingness and relaxing when we say a rather bright light out in front of us. It seemed to almost be stationary to begin with and then all of a sudden just seemed to take off across the sky I have seen shooting starts before and this was like nothing I had seen before and it was rather freaky. My takeaway years after the event is that is was a small rock or some other space particle enter the atmosphere may have broken up and then appeared to be traveling faster as it got lower. But when it first started it was just a super bright light that seemed to linger in one spot then it was gone. I would chalk it up to seeing cool shit in Canada rather than whatever but still have yet to see a shooting star do something like i saw or anything else for that matter.

Yes, I have seen one up close. He had one eye in the middle of forehead. Spoke all fast and squeaky like. He had a huge forehead and a small pointy chin. He was carrying a laser rifle and some kind of armor plated suit. Then I woke up from this horrible nightmare. Think I was 9 or ten years old.

I saw something weird about 6 months ago. It was too far away, too small and happened too fast to make anything of it. Just a dull light in the distance that had a strange and unnatural path in the sky. Slow to average speed at first with odd changes in direction and then zipping strait up for a mile or so incredibly fast, then taking a sharp 30 degree turn east. I ran over to look behind the tree which obscured the rest of it's path but it was gone.

My father was a pilot in WW2, Korea and Nam. He retired a full colonel and was one of those kind of people who other people feared and didn't mess with. He also had a propensity for honesty, absolutely despised idiots and didn't tolerate fools well either. He was at the time the last person on earth I'd ever think of as someone who had seen a UFO. Many years after he had passed my mother told me that both he and others flying with him had seen UFO's while in the cockpit.

I saw something weird about 6 months ago. It was too far away, too small and happened too fast to make anything of it. Just a dull light in the distance that had a strange and unnatural path in the sky. Slow to average speed at first with odd changes in direction and then zipping strait up for a mile or so incredibly fast, then taking a sharp 30 degree turn east. I ran over to look behind the tree which obscured the rest of it's path but it was gone.
I saw a similar light, looked maybe like a plane or satellite but flew straight lines and then stopped or changed direction with different speeds, planes or helicopters don't fly like this. And no blinking of lights and no trail on the light. I was in Hailey Idaho looking south west towards Mountain Home Air Force Base, hmm ?

I watched it for a long time and then couldn't stay awake any more, it got boring.

Last edited:
Yep. Saw 2 of them and was with others when it happened. They were lights and they moved fast and stopped and changed direction. There were other commercial aircraft in the sky that night and these moved 10-15x faster than the commercial aircraft. I told the little girl that was with us folks won't understand and they will say you're lying and will make you doubt what you saw but to remember the experience and not worry about convincing anyone else. It was a cool experience though.

More of a Unidentified Flying WTF. It was the summer of 89 or 90. I was parking with my girlfriend(now my wife) and witnessed a event I still can't explain. It was a flaming mass traveling from south to north. When I say flaming I mean it looked like a VW bug on fire trailing flames that went out of site without losing altitude. I guess it could have been space junk ect. I think it must have been large as it didn't seem to lose mass/diameter as we watched it travel north.

R

Interesting to see the locations of these sightings. Lots of midwest and southwest sightings

Yes, in the true definition of the acronym... but not the saucer traveling, bug eyed grey's every other coast to coast show talk of....

This. I've seen flying objects I couldn't readily identify, but never any UFOs.

ISS passing overhead when you're up at FL450 does look pretty damn cool, though.

I have seen odd lights in the sky, but always at night and without anything to put them in scale around it. One particularly weird one was outside of Killdevil Hills, along the shore. It was an orange light with a soft glow that just kind of floated over the beach for a while, then I went in to get my family and it was gone when I came back. I highly doubt it was anything extraordinary, it really looked like someone let one of those Japanese paper hot air balloons loose on the beach.

When I was into model rocketry as a kid, I used to have a rocket that was in the shape of a flying saucer. Due to it's shape, it didn't go all that high, but when it started it's descent it would start spinning and use it's own shape as a parachute and it came down really slow. What made it really cool was when there was wind because it made it go all over the place as it was falling. Us kids used to takes pics of it in the air and try and act like it was a real UFO.

Fun times, but nowadays the only flying saucers in the air I see are clay targets that get shattered by a combination of #8 birdshot and a full choke. :D

Strange question I know, but I have never talked to anyone who first hand had actually witnessed one.

I'll come out with it, I suppose. I'll just tell the story the way it happened, sorry if the wording isn't that entertaining.

It happened when I was about 12 years old. The only measure of the date was some of my family went out to see Crocodile Dundee 1 or 2 in the movie theatres when a few of my family and myself stayed home that night. It started when I was outside watching some stars in the sky by myself for like 20 minutes. Then over that time I thought I noticed one of the stars had moved without me seeing it. I was really sure that the star had moved about half an inch in relation to all of the other stars. I went inside to get my mom or she came out to see what I was doing, I'm not sure which. But we sat and watched the sky for a little while, then my Dad, older brother, younger sister, and younger brother came outside. My Dad and my brothers offered us to go see the movie, and we said we were staying behind because we were star gazing, which they left shortly after. After some time had passed, probably another 15 min or so, I believed that the star had moved again, and it's current position was way off from where the star was in relation to the other stars. My mom said she thought it had moved a bit since she started to watch. Shortly after this realization, the star started it's decent. I don't know how long it took for the star to go from a star looking sized object to a big star that if you held out your arms open at 45 degrees up in to the sky, you'd be touching side to side of the objects size. The ground was illuminated, and the grass wasn't really moving at all. There was no evidence of a propulsion system. During that dramatic event my sister screamed, and the object zipped away faster than I could blink my eyes. It kind of looked like a disappearing trick, but the object was the size of a star again and kind of whipped around briefly before it vanished. You would think that would be the end of it, but it wasn't. Next across the street near some woods, probably 20 feet from where my mom and I were standing. There were 3 glowing orbs were in formation. There was one on top, and two below it positioned in a way that the formation was a triangle. There was one red, one white, and one blue. Shortly after noticing these objects, they slowly circled and ascended above my mom and I until they were out of sight.

Last edited:
One time i saw all these sprinkly stars in my peripheral vision for a few seconds then passed out, when i woke up my butthole hurt

One time i saw all these sprinkly stars in my peripheral vision for a few seconds then passed out, when i woke up my butthole hurt

Dam! You too ! And all this time I thought it was just me and I was the only one.
Funny how those dam E.T.'s always go straight for your shitbox.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c4F5gRDMI3c[/video]

How quick this went from lights in the sky straight to anal probing, sounds like there are some backdoor fetishes floating around here.

We had a few guys transfer to our unit when they closed our sister unit in Athens. Sometimes they would mention a story about UFO's during long and boring flights, and when you started to ask for details, they would clam-up real fast. Years later, I ran across this, and it helped fill in the blanks:

It Was A Dark And Stormy Night

Interesting story that I can neither confirm or deny.

IWantToBelieve.jpg

Last edited:
One morning well before sun up I used my range finder to range straight up. 30yds. I ranged my neighbors house and got a reading. Straight up again? now the stars were out and the range finder errored out. No noise or lights that I could see. I did look at a clock and no time lose so no probe action. Hopefully.

I've looked at the night sky all my life, (looking for stuff) and I've never seen anything I can't explain. Seen tons of satellites.

My daughter and I got up at 4:00 AM a couple of months ago to see the ISS fly overhead, that was pretty cool.

Can't say that I have. I've seen weird shit but nothing that couldn't be explained in one way or another. There are a few pilots on here that I'm sure have interesting stories.

Years ago I shared my apartment with a roommate. We were getting ready to go out one night and we were getting ready. I walked in his room to get something or another and he was just getting out of the shower and had a towel wrapped around his waist. As I was walking out of his room he picked up his leg, opened the towel and tried to fart on me as I was closing the door. What flew out of his ass and splattered on the door would be considered a UFO no doubt. True story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well............. no I but I worked with a fella who claimed he was abducted by men from outer space and got a ride in a UFO.... came back... missing 1 nut...???

Last edited:
Years ago I shared my apartment with a roommate. We were getting ready to go out one night and we were getting ready. I walked in his room to get something or another and he was just getting out of the shower and had a towel wrapped around his waist. As I was walking out of his room he picked up his leg, opened the towel and tried to fart on me as I was closing the door. What flew out of his ass and splattered on the door would be considered a UFO no doubt. True story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that where your name on here derived from?

I worked midnight shift for over 12 years. I spent a lot of time outside at night. I HAVE seen a LOT of strange stuff in the sky. A few I even have questions about. Would I say any were UFOs? Probably not. But I believe there are things out there we don't understand. Aliens...? Yes, there are several families living in our neighborhood. But they are from south of our border, not outer space.

In the terms of unidentified flying object yes. It was a rather weird to say the least. I was with my family in the Georgian Bay on a week long fishing trip we would camp out on a rock in the middle of the bay. after dinner we were all sitting out just enjoying the nothingness and relaxing when we say a rather bright light out in front of us. It seemed to almost be stationary to begin with and then all of a sudden just seemed to take off across the sky I have seen shooting starts before and this was like nothing I had seen before and it was rather freaky. My takeaway years after the event is that is was a small rock or some other space particle enter the atmosphere may have broken up and then appeared to be traveling faster as it got lower. But when it first started it was just a super bright light that seemed to linger in one spot then it was gone. I would chalk it up to seeing cool shit in Canada rather than whatever but still have yet to see a shooting star do something like i saw or anything else for that matter.

Sounds very similar to what I saw about 15 years ago. My best friend and I were driving back to town after a night cat fishing. It was around midnight and we were way out in the country on a gravel road. We came to the top of a hill and and it looked like a huge white light was just above the road on top of the next hill we were approaching. It looked to be less than 100 feet in the air completely stationary and was rather large. We stopped the truck and both got out and walked in front of the truck and watched it for a minute or so. Then in an instant, it shot strait up and slightly to our right and it was gone. Nothing in the world moves as fast as this thing did. It went from 200-300 yards in front of us to out of sight strait up in the air, in almost an instant. It was unreal. Another one of our friends lived right on top of that hill where it seemed the light was, we drove strait there as fast as we could and both he and his wife said they never saw or heard anything. I'll never forget it.

Missed this thread when it was fresh. I have seen two things that I can not explain.

The first was in New York in the late sixties. My dad was taking me to town for my Cub Scout meeting. At one point the road switch-backed down to a county road that ran along a river. (West branch of the Delaware if I remember right.) As we started down my dad spotted something and we stopped to look at it. In the sky across the valley there was what looked like a very bright star that twinkled slowly, about every second or so. For about 10 or 20 seconds it descended slowly to where it was almost straight across from us. It hovered there for a few more seconds and then bang, it shot up and to the right in an arcing motion and was gone in a split second.

The second was here in Alaska about 12 years ago. I was driving back from Fairbanks about 2 o'clock in the morning. It was winter so it was dark. Just south of Willow there is a stretch of road that has a good view of the Chugach Range. I saw what I thought was a satellite heading south. I saw it long enough to be thinking gee, it's in a circumpolar orbit so maybe it's military or research. Just then it turned about 30 degrees to the west and continued in a straight line below the horizon. Satellites do not make turns. It was also abrupt, no arc, no change in speed. One instant it was heading in one direction and the next instant it was heading in another.

I love listening to Coast to Coast when ever I'm on long road trips. It is hard to disbelieve in them with so many first hand accounts. It would be one thing if it was just some random crack head telling a story, but when you have respectable members of society claiming to have seen things, you kind of start accepting the possibility of it being true.

My Uncle, who is about as straight edge as you can get told me about seeing one once. Ive never heard him speak about it ever again, just the one time. He is pretty much the epitome of honesty and as good hearted as they come.

I find the topic interesting and one worth exploring with an open mind.

This has always fascinated me too. I only had one thing that I could not explain. It was in '91 or 92'. I was driving in my truck on the highway north of the cities in farm areas. I saw a triangle shaped object that was semi shiny metallic. It was upright like a pyramid and not moving. The more I looked at it the more I realized it was actually a long ways away. It had the haze that you would see between you and say a mountain that is a ways off. I must have looked like a drunken moron because I was not paying attention to the road and swerving and slowing down because I could not take my eyes off of it. Then, to make sure it was not just something I was seeing through the glass of my pickup, I started moving my head back and forth and the object was definitely not moving in the distance. I started to stop and had to look forward when I pulled off the highway so I didn't go in the ditch and when I looked back, it was gone. I got out of the truck and looked all around for about 5 minutes. Then I left and never saw it again. If I had to guess at the size, I would say approximately 60 feet tall and 2 miles away because I gauged it to the large trees that were a mile away were twice the height and about half the distance away. I could see only the face of it and the right side so it could have been 3 or 4 sided. Still makes me wonder to this day. Probably the military having fun.

Last edited:
My friends wife is from Youngstown , Ohio and she and her friends claim to have seen one in 1994. She still gets freaked out talking about it. She says her and two friends were driving on her car when the "thing" passed over them at a low altitude and their car went completely dead. Large object not like anything they have seen and not making any noticeable noise. There are some related stories stories from the same day & date so everyone saw something.

Not sure what I would do in a case l like that.....

The only "UFO" I have seen is now identified. I had seen the stealth bomber before it was "de-classified" on during a night flight outside of Edwards AFB in California in Victorville.

It was a true "UFO" in by definition at the time I saw it.

I do believe in "UFO" in ancient times. There is too much proof of it. As for today, it's hard to decipher what is real or not; in speaking of "alien."

An example of a UFO in ancient times. (Ancient Aliens)

Ancient Aircraft - Crystalinks

Being these were made way before our time, these are real UFO's. Obviously.

Hmm. I forgot to mention. Christopher Columbus day is today. If you research some of the diary's of his venture to America, it was written he and others had seen a "UFO."

Did they teach that to us in school?

I love listening to Coast to Coast when ever I'm on long road trips. It is hard to disbelieve in them with so many first hand accounts. It would be one thing if it was just some random crack head telling a story, but when you have respectable members of society claiming to have seen things, you kind of start accepting the possibility of it being true.

My Uncle, who is about as straight edge as you can get told me about seeing one once. Ive never heard him speak about it ever again, just the one time. He is pretty much the epitome of honesty and as good hearted as they come.

I find the topic interesting and one worth exploring with an open mind.

I do appreciate the show from coast to coast. However, I do find a lot of the people talking on the phone with him seems a bit weird. They seem to be reading off a script. I do find some credible in some aspects, but sometimes I find some things not so.
As for a "believer" I put him and so do a lot of "believers" down lower on the list. Half I listen to, half I don't.

I think if you consider the size of the universe, you have to accept that there is intelligent life out there somewhere. If they have stopped by our little piss ant rock, full of warring tribes, destroying the planet that supports them, that's up for debate. I have seen a couple things I couldn't explain that fit with some others descriptions but who knows where they came from?

I do appreciate the show from coast to coast. However, I do find a lot of the people talking on the phone with him seems a bit weird. They seem to be reading off a script. I do find some credible in some aspects, but sometimes I find some things not so.
As for a "believer" I put him and so do a lot of "believers" down lower on the list. Half I listen to, half I don't.

If you believe half the stuff on that show, I wouldn't consider you sane. It is always entertaining and gets you thinking though.

If you believe half the stuff on that show, I wouldn't consider you sane. It is always entertaining and gets you thinking though.

Just like everything you take it with a grain of salt. Not everything there is "real" ..however, you gotta believe something:

The sun of ours gives life. And there are as many stars (suns) out there as the grains of sand in all of our beaches and deserts. No one mind can picture that in their mind's eye. Just as in experiment, next time you go to a beach think about that. and then think; you are only on this one beach.

As I said earlier, a lot of "believers" are not big on him. Some of them would rather him be gone, than on the radio. Only aspect I see that is good about him, he's got a good radio voice.