• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors anyone here have a PM9?

nmcclure

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2005
US
I need something completely concealable as my work generally involves somewhat tighter/tailored clothing.

I noticed cylander and slide offered an upgrade and was curious if any of you hide members had any experience.

Re: anyone here have a PM9?

I had one. It didn't like to go completely into battery at first because the guide rod would catch on the front of the slide. Kahr sent me a new recoil spring and guide rod and that fixed it. After that it was reliable and easy to carry, but miserable to shoot. The tiny sight radius, long trigger, and small grip took all the fun out of practicing with it, or even owning it...at least for me. I've got a S&W M&P340 (all I carry are .38 Special +p in it - .357 Mag is appalling out of something that small) revolver now that is just enough better in those areas that I enjoy having it. The Kahr is a well designed and well made little tool, I just didn't end up liking it enough to keep and carry. I guess that I would recommend looking at the Smith snubbies, Glock 26, or the new Ruger snubby before you settle on any of them. Shoot a PM9 if you get a chance. Practice becomes unlikely with something that hard to shoot.

ruger LCP with corbon DPX. shot placement is the most critical thing. Not power.

I have the MK9, it actually replaced a S&W 340PD for carry. 6+1, faster reloads, and chambered in 9mm. The trigger pull is long but it's the guns only safety and being that I haven't shot off my @$%#$% I am guessing it works pretty good. At the first range session I put 200+ rounds through it and it functioned flawlessly. I carry the thing with a clip attached to the slide using some 3m double sided tape, think it was $8?

I would say that the Kahr has much better build quality and better trigger than a PF9, but the PF9 is considerably cheaper and does the same thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been really impressed with a Keltec PF9 I picked up recently, may want to give it a look as well. </div></div>

I wish my experience was the same. The first time I took my PF9 to the range, I put 95rds through it and it broke! The frame broke internally. I sent it back to KT for repair, it's been about a month so far. I will be selling it upon receipt. Aside from it breaking it was a very roughly finished gun, requires a bit of tinkering, I found its accuracy not very impressive, and obviously a very harsh shooter due to its size. All this after I read so many B+ reviews.
frown.gif

I have a PM 9 that Cylinder & Slide worked over. I really like it. I've run about 400 rounds through it without a problem since the conversion. It's a very concealable little package.

I have a PM9. It had some issues with returning to battery and trigger reset initially but after a trip to Kahr it has been 100%. It shoots very well for its size and is surprisingly controlable. +P+ rounds do sting a bit though. It doesn't get that much use since I got my Ruger LCP though.

might look into getting the heavier all SS MK9

Have something close to that, the PM45. Besides the fact it does not like some of the cheap ammo it is a riot to shoot. One of the drawbacks is the location of the mag release button. While shooting(if not aware)you may unintentionaly squeeze button and whoops! there drops the magazine. Secondly, shooting some cci ammo(i think) brass was ejecting into my forehead. Odd but true but with only that ammo.
The recoil does not bother me at all even with +p. I put 100rds through it very quickly the other day. If ammo was cheaper would not of phased me to push another 200 rds through it.
I found it quite odd how a pm45 with a 3 1/4 barrel gets better groups than any other handgun I own. It works for me maybe not you. I like the least amount of weight forward.
Durability is not a concern for me due to the fact I did not buy it to put 10,000 rds through it. Although, I am curious to see how high of a round count before people experience mechanical failures. Its not built like a glock or hk but you can hide the little sob under your hat!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ttam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the drawbacks is the location of the mag release button. While shooting(if not aware)you may unintentionaly squeeze button and whoops! there drops the magazine. </div></div>

This problem occurred with me too. After you do it once, you correct your grip to keep your thumb from rubbing the release during recoil. You really have to determine whether it's for you and if you're confident your grip will be in the same place everytime, especially under stress. I've also noticed in my PM9 that when you do unintentionally depress the mag release, the magazine doesn't fall free, it just falls about a 1/16 of an inch. You figure it out upon trying to squeeze the trigger again and discovering the misfeed. Sans accidental depressions, it's ate just about everything I've fed it. It's a bit big for pocket carry, but disappears IWB with a t-shirt. I lean towards carrying my S&W 340PD more as an everyday BUG.

i can give a positive vote for a my pm9 carry it almost everyday and was very suprized at how tell it shoots

My wife carries a PM9, and I carry the G26. I haven't had any issues with the PM9, but we've only put about 300 rounds through it. The recoil is mellow enough for my wife to shoot it, and it carries a big punch in a little package. It serves our purpose very well.

JP