• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here make legit molle pouches?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Our resident stitch bitch softcock seems to be buried in work.

I'm looking for someone who has/does made quality molle pouches. I have a Vectronix Moskito that I need a pouch made for and possibly something else; only pouch that exists for the Moskito is from the factory and its an overly bulky shitshow.

Stitch bitches unite!

Reactions: AMGtuned
    Not a seamstress, but LBT Inc might throw some thread in a needle for ya.

Mole, molly. Nun of ya biches can spel.

FWIW, I too need a particular pouch that is seemingly 'unobtainium' in the market world. And yes, Mr. Soft is quite busy and that is great.

So, add me to the list after Mr.German.

Tactical Tailor can make anything

Something like this?

Sort of, but its the wrong size.

The problem I run into is that nothing is the right dimensions and would let the unit shake around in the pouch. I'd want some sort of 'insert' the keep it snug while its in there instead of it just bouncing around inside the pouch as its not exactly cheap.

Only other thing I'd want is a slot pocket for the cable, but even that may not be necessary as I can also stow that with the Trimble as needed.

I don't even try to contact 'custom gear' places that advertise as such because in my experience, 75% of them don't even bother responding and the other 25% give you some bullshit about how they don't want to do it because it can't be mass produced and/or I'm not ordering 587907878790 of them.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    @LRRPF52 makes custom boonie hats and have seen pics of some pouches and other gear he's made.

End-user driven pouch design is one of my specialties, after having worked with electro-optics, NODs, radios, etc. for so many years and never being satisfied with any of the issue or after-market options out there, although some of the radio pouches are good. One of the main things that forced me to start making gear was when I designed a pouch for the old MELIOS LRF so I could carry it on my vest in my 2nd Scout Sniper Platoon.

The biggest missing thing from most pouches is 1. sizing them correctly, 2. not padding them, 3. not user-friendly for the protection of the device, 3. interface with the soldier’s kit and how he reaches into it, stows the contents, and 4. what Basic Inventory Items are needed vs those not. I’ve seen some beautiful pouches made for certain equipment that you just would never attach to your kit, so they stay in the hard case.

Here are some examples of SAW/Utility and Small Utility/NODs pouches I have made:

20170221_125231_zps6mnncqki.jpg

Small Utility Left, SAW on the Right:
    2016-10-18_10.31.021_zpsytjfffsp.jpg

20170221_130311_zpsqpnbbj1u.jpg

20170221_130425_zpsx9szgwct.jpg

20170221_125738_zpsed2oe5qf.jpg

The outside is Cordura, either 1000D or 500D depending on external abrasion frequency. There is a layer of closed-cell foam in between the outer Cordura and the internal 400D pack cloth. These ones have dividers that are removable with multiple location options inside.

For something like the Vektronix, I think it’s essential to have the thick protective padding, no metallic drain hole, with corner drains instead that don’t invite unnecessary dust/sand. I would inventory the actual accessories carried and design specific stowage solutions for them that are intuitive to the user rather than convenient for the pattern-maker sitting at a table. That’s really one thing that separates my work from most of what’s out there.

What I’ve found is that most electronics, optics, and especially magazine feed lip damage comes from getting in and out of vehicles, smashing into things when the gear is not being worn. That’s why I also pad all my mag pouches the same way. It takes 3x as long to make pouches the way I do, so it isn’t profitable for most gear companies business models.

You can see from my approach that I find ways to tuck and stow as many Basic Inventory Items into the pouch while also keeping the pouch as practical as possible for mounting to kit, assault packs, or rucks. Biggest problem is that I’m backed-up, to the extent that I don’t even advertise any of my gear. That’s about to change once my new shop is finished. I’m currently filling orders for my ear muff compatible boonies.

LRF pouch:
    20170728_131552_zpsog2m1hhl.jpg

2017-07-262021.06.30_zpskfow2vat.jpg

+1 for Scott at Sunrise Tactical. He's done a few custom items for me. Top notch.

I’ve been hunting for a pouch for my PVS-14 and Rhino Mount. Can’t find anything that’s not massive. Almost went with a Saw drum pouch but it’s not padded. I’d be interested.

I’ve been hunting for a pouch for my PVS-14 and Rhino Mount. Can’t find anything that’s not massive. Almost went with a Saw drum pouch but it’s not padded. I’d be interested.

I have the Emdom/MM pouch for mine. Its as compact as possible and still fit everything.

I need a Fleshlight pouch for night ops.

SOE actually makes this...