• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone here speak or read German?

ronas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
Charleston, South Carolina
I found a note behind a seat inlay in one of my cars. It's in German. Can anyone translate it to English?

You will need to click on the image t make it large enough to read.

thanks, ron

Attachments

• P1010031.JPG
    P1010031.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 16
I love German handwriting. Would it be possible to get a sharp image? It's difficult to tell what many of the letters might be.

All I can make out clearly is the Sport School at the bottom. Not positive if the characters in front of it are 993 (probably) or gg3.

Richard

Can't really read the writing but looks to me something about black leather or classic leather "Lede schwarz" "Leder schwarz-Klassik"or leds (black leds don't think so :) ) dunno. "993 Sportschule" - 993 sport school

"UST mit Gep XXXWupp" - beats me...

Hurt my eyes to look at it. That's OK, because I probably wouldn't be much help anyway; I'm more than 10 years removed from my last attempt at German.

We want the money Lebowski, or we cut off her toe...

Actually, it is a shopping list.

Milk, eggs, pizza and don't forget the beer! :)

Hopefully I did a better job on photo below. Notes were behind each seat insert on a Porsche 1997 993 C2S, they are considered sport seats. The inserts for the back and butt are grey. The rest of the seat is black. I think the custom seats were covered in leather by Recarro. The color of the car is Speed Yellow.

I'm guessing the notes might be instructions to the person who was to make the seats.

Attachments

• P1010032.JPG
    P1010032.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I sent it to a friend in Germany. Not sure when he'll see it, but hopefully soon.

"The numbers are the price 1475945 Euros.Paint, Black flake,leather Waterbuffalo,Tax ,from Wuppertal ( Town),its a 993 sport Porsche. Not to easy to read.Could have been my Handwriting LOL"

"The numbers are the price 1475945 Euros.Paint, Black flake,leather Waterbuffalo,Tax ,from Wuppertal ( Town),its a 993 sport Porsche. Not to easy to read.Could have been my Handwriting LOL"

I wonder what "Paint, Black flake,"... means. Seatbacks are painted but color is Speed Yellow.

Literally translated: Some serial number, leather black / seat(?), leather classik grey, UST (dont know, some acronym) with inprinted porsche coat of arms, 993 sports school.

It is the shorthand description of the seat design. UST usually means Umsatzsteuer, some tax like sales tax. But here it should be someting else. "Sport Schule" could be everything from the manufacturer over the quality control guy to the seat type.

Literally translated: Some serial number, leather black / seat(?), leather classik grey, UST (dont know, some acronym) with inprinted porsche coat of arms, 993 sports school.

It is the shorthand description of the seat design. UST usually means Umsatzsteuer, some tax like sales tax. But here it should be someting else. "Sport Schule" could be everything from the manufacturer over the quality control guy to the seat type.

Thanks, that pretty much describes my front seats.

Attachments

• P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 16
ALthough my family is black, we know German. Mama Shank says it reads:

"We pushed all the way to Moscow as a Master Race and now we make seats for the victorious country's fat consumers. FML."