• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Anyone hunt in Louisiana

Re: Anyone hunt in Louisiana

I hunt mainly up northwest louisiana. Sucks but ive shot 6 deer and missed 2 and hunted 3 times since black friday.

I have family in Ruston. They keep asking me to go hunt up there but, I have been too busy. I work 7&7 offshore. The wife is pregnant with our second one. This has not been the best year for me hunting wise. I am praying next year is better.

I hunted the Atchafalaya hard during teal season and first split, but have spent the past couple weeks in central and northeast LA. The woods are full of water...and mall, gadw, and wodus.

yeah with the water high like that it makes it hard to find good spots. What type of boat are you hunting out of. I have a DUAL PRODRIVE.

I hunt in winn parish. My lease sucks ass, I'm trying to find another one.

I have been looking for a new lease since i gout out the Marine Corps. That was back in 02. I just dont have the knid of money that they are asking. I have been hunting state land for almost 8 yrs now. It's not as good as a lease but at least I can get out there and put some food in the freezer.

i'm born and raised in pierre part. know the spilway quite well. this year has been a bust for ducks. ducks and small game should be good with the water being high. i heard rumors of blue tongue wiping out the deer population from south of big pigeon all the way to flat lake. other than the spillway we hunt alot of the local wma's. ( sherburne, indian bayou, atachaflaya delta, elm hall) or state land. i found pretty handy link to the state land office with and interactive map to show you where all the state land in. pretty handy. if you can remind me after the 4th if pm it to you. its on work comp

Thanks that would be great. Do any of you bow hunt. I have been trying to figure out if I want to invest in a bowhunt only lease. I know a place that leases land for bowhunt only. I have one other guy thats intrested but we would need a couple other ppl to come in with us due to the price.

Here's a like to SONRIS that is helpful for preparing your scouting trips. If you have ArcGIS, you can get relatively recent digital orthoquads via the DATAGATEWAY. I also have bi-monthly IRs for coastal, east-central, and northeastern parishes from mid-September through last Monday. If any of you have the means to project them and would like me to zip or burn 'em to a dvd, let me know.

Good luck.

thanks for the links. i use SONRIS frequently to get well info. another site for DOQQ images is www.atlas.lsu.edu. follow the first time user instructions. it walks you though everything. same deal. imbedded maps

My best buck came out of NW Washington Parish. Hunt in St. Helena and the Felicianas when I can.

Hell froze over this weekend!
laugh.gif

2Jan2010008.jpg

Im hunting central in rapides parsish, seen alot of deer while i was on leave, did ok on ducks lot of teal and greys as usual bid ducks started coming in about a week after new years

I hunt down here just outside of Abita Springs in St. Tammany. We have a 1300 acre lease.

A buddy of mine killed a 12 point in his backyard near Abita. Big Deer over there.