• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anyone into high end road bikes?

Re: Anyone into high end road bikes?

I ride a Cannondale Synapse with Dura Ace 7800 and Mavic SL wheel set. I have only been riding a year but it helped me loose 35lbs. I try to ride 60-80 miles a week. Lots of 20 mile rides. Not the fastest ride but it is forgiving on those long rides.

when i was 16 i worked and saved for a bruce gordon chinook. full world record campy gruppo. i loved that bike. since the aneurysm i hadnt been able to ride it. then my aunt mysteriously had her storage area broken into and i lost it. im still pissed and it was 20 years ago

I ride a Kona Jake the Snake. I put on slicks for the road. I have a Voodoo Wanga One and a Giant XTC 29 for trails.

Currently, I've got a Gunnar Roadie, full Ultegra w/ Ultegra / Mavic handbuilt wheels.

I'm having a new bike built though.

Strong Frames dirt road bike, Ultegra group, Paul Comp canti brakes, King / DT Swiss wheels.

Steel is real.

I have a few road bikes. I used to be a mountain biker but was getting beat up too much. This is what I have in the stable right now:

1. 2002 Lemond Zurich : winter bad weather bike

2. 2005 Colnago Masterlight : lazy Sunday nice weather bike

3. 2007 Orbea Orca : training bike

4. 2007 Specialized Roubaix : stays on my indoor trainer

5. 2008 Cervelo RS : race bike

6. 2009 Scott Cr1 Pro : training bike

VINTAGE Steel 1985 63cm Bianchi Stelvio....... $300 bucks on craigslist. We have some asskicking hills in east TN, so I put a campagnolo ultra torque crank in and were off and running. Between my mountain bike and the Bianchi I've dumped 72 pounds since April.
Got my eyes on the new Lynskey mountain bike frame with the 2 inch tubes.....