• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know where to get a Lyman Spartan handle?

Black-X

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2006
Kentucky
The handle on the old man's Lyman loader broke off and he's wanting to get another one so he can still use this old loader. Anybody know where I could pick one of these up at? I'll try to call Lyman tomorrow but I'm not going to hold my breath for them having parts for a 30+ year old loader.

Thanks,

-X

Re: Anyone know where to get a Lyman Spartan handle?

Take the threaded end to a machine shop and get a piece of all thread and cover with tubing. I've got two of the old Spartans and understand why he wants to keep it. They could also just thread a piece of shaft for you. I think it's a fine thread 1/2", RCBS JR broke several years back and it was a 9/16" fine thread which is hard to find. Machine shop made me one for 5 bucks. If it just broke at the threads they can just thread the end and you wouldn't loose but about and inch in length.

Re: Anyone know where to get a Lyman Spartan handle?

Thanks Enios. Looks like I'll have to take it to a machine shop as Lyman said they are out of parts for that loader.

-X