• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone know why Leupold pulled the Mark 8 off the civilian market?

Rateoftwist

Gentle Ben
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2017
Apex NC
I just noticed Leupold pulled all their Mark 8 glass off the civilian market now only for military sales. Anyone know why?

Maybe a good government contract that by its nature will price the scopes above what civilian market value will bear given government contract often includes maintenance/replacement etc.?

Does that mean all the Mark 8 scopes are suddenly going to be worth a bunch more because they are "special for the military only"?

Well that wouldn’t really explain the Mk5HD price to us vs price to them unless they get a better price than us. Mk6 line says the same thing. I would be more willing to bet the lines are being discontinued but that’s all hypothesis.

Well that wouldn’t really explain the Mk5HD price to us vs price to them unless they get a better price than us. Mk6 line says the same thing. I would be more willing to bet the lines are being discontinued but that’s all hypothesis.
Per the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation the US Government gets the lowest price. Contractors can’t sell the same item to anyone below contract price. Just for general knowledge.

Reactions: Rateoftwist
I was going to make the snarky comment "Because no one is buying them...."

(see what I did there)

For all I know they may be a fantastic scope I looked at them when I was looking to scope my MWS but I went differently for comparable money.

Looks tank like and Leupold has a rep for CSing their product......hope those that have them are covered.

Overpriced under qualitied stuff generally is only successful in the .gov markets

Reactions: 1911hombre
Per the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation the US Government gets the lowest price. Contractors can’t sell the same item to anyone below contract price. Just for general knowledge.
"The same item" is the key phrase.

Does anyone have a mark 8 1-8 H27D for sale? Shoot me a message with contact.
…or you can go pop a WTB post in the PX and stop trying to circumvent the system. 🤷
#WhyWeCantHaveNiceThings

The MSRP on them however was out of touch with reality.
^Understatement of the decade.

Reactions: Two36 and Baron23
I recently (past couple weeks) reached out to Leupold about the Mk6 1-6 with 7.62 CMR-W reticle, and asked approximately when it would be back in stock. I saw that europtic listed it as discontinued. Leupold confirmed that the 1-6x Mk6 with 7.62 CMR reticle is in fact discontinued. I don’t know about the other reticles.