• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone looking for a small ranch in Wyoming?

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    Got an old Marine friend, that for family reasons, is having to sell their small (166 acre) spread in Carlile, WY.. It always seemed to be a real nice place, so I offered to throw the link up here to spread the word.

Carlile1.jpg

Carlile2.jpg

Beautiful place. Unfortunately we’re not looking for a house yet...

Thanks for the look. Some day, once kids are thru school...

Looks like a nice turn-key op, specially for a horse person. I know the AO well, as I have done a good bit of shooting down the road in Newcastle. Devils Tower, totally bad ass spot, also close.

Reactions: Maggot
    Got an old Marine friend, that for family reasons, is having to sell their small (166 acre) spread in Carlile, WY.. It always seemed to be a real nice place, so I offered to throw the link up here to spread the word.

View attachment 7344028

View attachment 7344029

Beautiful spot, could you relocate it about 700 miles south where its warmer?

Whoever buys this, if you need someone to work on the property, please hire me. I’m cheap and work hard, just gotta feed me some crayons now and then and a cold beer:

• Haha
    Reactions: MCHOG
    LOL! I wish. I'm actually tempted to buy the place, but it might be a little too remote for the other boss. :D

Wyoming is definitely kind to retirees....tax wise anyways.
    It’s amazing how much you save when impulse shopping is no longer an option.

@jbailey, if you come back out this way, hit me up, I could use a shooting partner that doesn’t bitch it’s too hot/cold/windy/sunny, etc.

Reactions: lash and MarinePMI
    Bet you have a view of Devil's Tower from the hill tops!
    Sweet setup!

LOL! I wish. I'm actually tempted to buy the place, but it might be a little too remote for the other boss. :D

Wyoming is definitely kind to retirees....tax wise anyways.

WY is also kind to smart folks who like freedom.

Ask permission or beg forgiveness? 😉

I'm not sure, but it's a fair piece. She said to mention that there is a range already set up (but I'm thinking it's probably just 100yds, for zero'ing their rifles). They're both retired Marines (and she's a PMI as well), so it's kind of a given that they have a range. ;)

Last edited:
    Damn, guys. Don’t forget about the two thousand acres available.

Yeah, that's why this deal popped into my mind, and I posted it. Because a lot of guys said they could only handle a 100-200 parcel.
    Just remember, it's Wyoming. Stuff that far north tends to bite back sometimes... She took it with a .243. Yeah, that girl can shoot., and that cat is now a rug (literally). (Posted these pics waaayyy back when this happened, but figured I'd attach them for S&G's)

Mountain lion 1.jpg

Mountain lion 2.jpg

That is a big mountain lion.
    Almost 2x what I have seen in Az and Tx mass wise .

Hello. I'm the Marine friend. If you have any other questions, please ask.

There is a creek and pond on the land. The photos don't show it because the grass is so grown up. I'll try to get a better photo.

The range is set up to 600 yards. With neighbor permission, you can shoot across the canyon for 1000+ yards. Would be interesting with the Wyoming wind...

There are views of Devil's Tower from the north end of the property.

Lion was killed on the property.

Thanks for looking,
    J

Yeah, that's why this deal popped into my mind, and I posted it. Because a lot of guys said they could only handle a 100-200 parcel.
    Just remember, it's Wyoming. Stuff that far north tends to bite back sometimes... She took it with a .243. Yeah, that girl can shoot., and that cat is now a rug (literally). (Posted these pics waaayyy back when this happened, but figured I'd attach them for S&G's)

View attachment 7344099

View attachment 7344101
    That's a fair sized Kitty.

R

There is a creek and pond on the land. The photos don't show it because the grass is so grown up. I'll try to get a better photo.

The range is set up to 600 yards. With neighbor permission, you can shoot across the canyon for 1000+ yards. Would be interesting with the Wyoming wind...

Thanks for looking,
    J

Welcome to the Hide.

Dam that’s a good looking place! Had the checkbook out then saw that big ass cat! Holy smokes!

• Haha
    Reactions: DellaDog
    THIS IS A LIE! Wyoming does not look like this AT ALL!! do not move here!!
    If this dry spell keeps up, we're not going to look like that at all this year. Then we will have the standard four seasons: The white season, the green season (all three weeks of it which is already passing in the NE corner), the brown season, and then the dreaded black season where everything lights on fire.

Reactions: Bender
    We just took ours off the market when this plauge hit. Damn, I really wanted to move to someplace like that. Beautiful! Mac(y)

Damn, guys. Don’t forget about the two thousand acres available.

i offered to be one of 10 hide members :)

Reactions: MrSmith

Thanks for looking,
    J
    That is a serious slice of paradise! I could probably swing it but the wife absolutely will not live in a place without sidewalks (her words).

View attachment 7344028

View attachment 7344029
    Reads all the replies, can't help but think that some like minded Patriots could form a conglomerate and buy some of these properties , just a thought, good luck with the sale