• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone mount sling swivel on A2 stock?

Birddog1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2009
Peyton, Colorado, USA
Saw a picture the other day of a KAC rifle with an A2 stock, but it had a QD sling swivel mounted into the left side of it, near the front. Just wondering if someone knows if that stock can be purchased from somewhere, or if it is a mod that can be done to my A2.

Re: Anyone mount sling swivel on A2 stock?

Thanks, Anchor. I was actually wondering about just the sling swivel in the stock in the first link.

The second link is interesting, but I'm not sure that I'd want to extend the length of my stock that much.

I have an idea of how it might be possible to do myself, but I'll have to find a cheap donor stock to try it on.

Re: Anyone mount sling swivel on A2 stock?

Few ways to skin this cat, you could get the spacer and use a shorter A1 stock, several folks make a similar product dosnt need to be KAC.

Or if you are feeling handy you could use one of these http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XMAG335&groupid=57

I would get a longer bolt and bed the swivel mount with devcon or JB weld. There is also a dual sided version in which the bolt is recessed inside of one swivel mount and the other is used as a nut. That way you can have a mount on either side.