• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone One got pics of the Tps Super Lows On a Super sniper 10x42 !!!

kool Guyy117

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2013
I plan On buying the tps super lows for my sps varmint I got the tps 20 Moa rail and I'm using th ss10x42 I Just wanna see if it will clear fine and how it will look I really like my scope low as possible..
Thanx in advance

Here is my savage 10pc in 223 with an egw 20 moa rail, Tps super low rings and an ss 10 X42. I once had Tps lows on this ring, and the clearance was better. Before the eyepiece would sit over the rail in the center relief. Now it will not, and has to sit back. Imo super lows are too low for use with a rail. The scope sits too high with either size. See the crappy mobile pix below.

Attachments

• 20131122_063354.jpg
    20131122_063354.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20131122_063308.jpg
    20131122_063308.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the pic man but for some reason I can't see it I'll probably go with the super lows

Thanks for the pic man but for some reason I can't see it I'll probably go with the super lows

He is talking about the occular assembly touching, or nearly touching, the rear of the rail. Dropping the scope lower into the super lows caused him to have to slide the scope rearward to clear the rail.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Rhutch is correct, using super low rings, the rear focus ring will hit the top of the rail. I had to slide the scope back to make it clear the rail. It works, just not where I wanted the scope to be located front to rear. II'll try the pic again.

Attachments

• 20131122_063308.jpg
    20131122_063308.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 3
Oh ok I understand Might go with the lows then and man I don't know if I'm doin something wrong or something but I can't see the pic

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Rhutch is correct, using super low rings, the rear focus ring will hit the top of the rail. I had to slide the scope back to make it clear the rail. It works, just not where I wanted the scope to be located front to rear. II'll try the pic again.
I saw the pics and man that's close I'm sure that will work for me but I don't know I'm still kinda debating wether I should go with those or the lows I Wonder if the bolt will clear with the super lows and thanx for the pics man

My bolt (savage) clears with the super lows, that's not the problem. There is approximately 0.1" difference in height between the lows and super lows. For that little difference in height I would recommend the low rings, since the clearance may/may not be there between the scope and rail with super lows. In my application I didnt have the clearance, so I had to compromise my normal cheek weld location by a little (no big deal really). I used the low rings on another rifle, or they would b on this one.

My bolt (savage) clears with the super lows, that's not the problem. There is approximately 0.1" difference in height between the lows and super lows. For that little difference in height I would recommend the low rings, since the clearance may/may not be there between the scope and rail with super lows. In my application I didnt have the clearance, so I had to compromise my normal cheek weld location by a little (no big deal really). I used the low rings on another rifle, or they would b on this one.
Thanksan for I the help and what not I'll be ordering the lows pretty soon I'll post pics once I got everything together