• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone own a Gallow Technology or Secureit gunsafes?

Franko

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 19, 2018
Southern California
I am in the market for a new gunsafe and have narrowed it down to their 12 gun weapon cabinets. I like that the Gallow does not look like a gunsafe and is keyed. The Secureit seems a little better organized and is "certified" by CA as an acceptable gun storage device to meet their safe storage law requirement. Price and capacity is about the same so looking for feedback from actual owners to see if there is anything else that sets them apart.

Thanks in advance.

I am in the market for a new gunsafe and have narrowed it down to their 12 gun weapon cabinets. I like that the Gallow does not look like a gunsafe and is keyed. The Secureit seems a little better organized and is "certified" by CA as an acceptable gun storage device to meet their safe storage law requirement. Price and capacity is about the same so looking for feedback from actual owners to see if there is anything else that sets them apart.

Thanks in advance.
I have gallow wall system and was going to buy some of the weapon lockers until I saw the shipping cost. It would be cheaper for me to drive to Utah from Florida and pick them than to ship.

I own a SecureIt, no experience with Gallow Technologies. Went with SecureIt because the accessories like bins appeared to mount more securely and is able to hold more weight than the peg board style of Gallow Technologies. Realistically there's probably no difference in the strength.

Flexibility in positioning of accessories goes to Gallow Technologies system, especially hooks hangers or pistol hangers that can take up less mounting space.

Reactions: Franko
I have a gallow wall. They both have strengths and weaknesses. Secureit appears more residential unless you look at their armory systems.

I own a Gallow Tech cabinet that I installed when I built my house. It is bolted into the wall. Agree that this is more a storage system than a security system. Lots of flexibiliity in how you store your rifles, so you can use space very efficiently. And if the goal is to keep young children from accessing your guns it works well enough. However, it does not even remotely provide the security of a good safe. I suspect any determined thief with a pry bar and a sledge hammer could get into it in under 5 minutes.

Last edited:
I have 2 secure it cabinets the agile and the answer, these as already mentioned are really for storage and to limit access, they fit my needs and would by again, ironically the are currently on sale

I have two SecureIt safes stacked in my closet. Had them for at least five years. Fits perfectly in the corner nook of the closet. I'll go ahead and endorse them.
They are actually better quality than many other cheap "safes" out there.
Make sure you buy during a holiday sale. Black Friday is coming up.
Cheers

I own a Gallow Tech cabinet that I installed when I built my house. It is bolted into the wall. Agree that this is more a storage system than a security system. Lots of flexibiliity in how you store your rifles, so you can use space very efficiently. And if the goal is to keep young children from accessing your guns it works well enough. However, it does not even remotely provide the security of a good safe. I suspect any determined thief with a pry bar and a sledge hammer could get into it in under 5 minutes.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but anyone with a hammer and chisel can be into 99% of gun "safes" in 10 minutes or less.

18v angle grinder and a death wheel takes that to about 2 minutes.

Then there's always the old classic of the guy who had his entire safe stolen along with half his house destroyed when thieves with a stolen tow truck hooked on a cable and just simply pulled the safe through the house.

Hidden security is worth more than bulk a lot of the time. Safes are a target, so having something less secure but more disguised is going to prevent most thefts.