• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone own a john deere d110 mower?

SquarePizza

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
NY
I am looking for a basic, and I mean small and basic, riding mower to replace my aged yahama yt3600. I am looking to go small because I have some apple trees to mow under and the yamaha could do it if I dangled off the mower motoGP style.

Pretty focused on the John Deere d110 at the moment. Has anyone one here tried one? Had good luck with one? Or might have an alternative smallish mower to recommend in its place?

Just a word of caution just because it has john deere on it does not mean it's produced by them there are two grades the box store grade and the dealer grade if your mowing is light and not going up and down hills the 110 may be for you if you have hills and heavy duty mowing not so much I HAD an LA130 the motor was good, the deck ok, the transmission garbage I put a new transmission was 520 plus I did the install if the dealer did it it was going to be around 900.00 to do the 3 hour job don't count on your local dealer wanting to service it or take it on trade. The transmissions are cheaply made you have to remove them to service them tuff torque recommends 5w50 synthetic john deere tells tuff torque 10w30 conventional the result is increased wear as the oil heats up you lose power until the transmission fails the dealer grade is different it's built to last just a quick look and you will see .

Thank you for the heads up.

I have 20 acres, but most is mowed with a large ferris zero-turn. I am just looking for something small to mow around the house area. Somewhat hilly, but nothing major.