• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Anyone playing the BF3 beta? (Video heavy)

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    I'm not one to usually start video game threads, i know it's a bit frowned upon, but being a firearm's enthusiast i'm also a nerd hehe. Any way the beta goes live today for the public, it started with early access for pre orders on origin or if you got MOH LE last year. I'm a PC gamer so i've been playing it on PC and it's phenomenal. If you've ever played BF2 and miss it, well it's back in a sense. Sound and graphics are unprecedented. It's no ARMA for realism but it's also not CoD for arcade. Nor is it like BC2. I highly recommend it if you like a good shooter thats team based.
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XhBjBy5OOFY&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XhBjBy5OOFY&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aPu7-LtLKmU&feature=relmfu"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aPu7-LtLKmU&feature=relmfu" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDDfPxF3EFE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NDDfPxF3EFE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zw8SmsovJc&feature=relmfu"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2zw8SmsovJc&feature=relmfu" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pNOxynC1Dc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pNOxynC1Dc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Anyone playing the BF3 beta? (Video heavy)

They only opened one map for the beta testing... and it got OLD real quick!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They only opened one map for the beta testing... and it got OLD real quick!!!</div></div>

I agree but, when playing with a friend, with mics i enjoy it every time. On PC there were actually EA servers that were testing Caspian Border, and a Dev leaked the password. So i got to play Caspian border a little bit. Took a pretty huge hit in performance considering the scale of the map. But it was pretty amazing to see the jets and helicopters in action.

I saw a commercial for this game yesterday. I'm not much for the shooter genre of video games, but I was surprised at the detail. I couldn't remember what it was called till this thread. Thanks.

I tried the download on my PC and it keeps freezing . which sucks cause l really like military games

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good vid of BF3 on PC v BF3 on PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo50Ar420</div></div>

Lol i agree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldGuardShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried the download on my PC and it keeps freezing . which sucks cause l really like military games</div></div>

Whats going on exactly? Also what hardware are you running, if your running any of the dx11 cards you'll need to download new drivers.

the game should be good. the map got boring very quickly.

i played it for a bit, got killed by a bunch of level 20+, said "fuck this," and went to the range.

i noticed that the reticle on the EOTech was washed out, and i'm not a fan of games that allow players to go prone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the game should be good. the map got boring very quickly.

i played it for a bit, got killed by a bunch of level 20+, said "fuck this," and went to the range.

i noticed that the reticle on the EOTech was washed out, and i'm not a fan of games that allow players to go prone.</div></div>

Level's have nothing to do with skill on this game. I have more kills with the M4 and M16 than any other weapons because i like to use them. You could also have 0 kills and still do great, it's not about kills it's about completing the objective, and teamwork. Not a fan of prone... without prone this game would be awful prone is a must for military shooters IMO.

you def have to have prone in a military game imop. the graphics didn't look as good as the video l saw. l thought my PC was pretty beefy. l also look forward to COD MW3 l got the free poster putting it in a frame.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldGuardShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you def have to have prone in a military game imop. the graphics didn't look as good as the video l saw. l thought my PC was pretty beefy. l also look forward to COD MW3 l got the free poster putting it in a frame.
    </div></div>

The beta is a dated/unfinished build and rumor has it locked at medium. Which would explain why when you adjust settings nothing happens. We've seen gameplay of the final product i'm sure it will look like that on PC. The Tank gameplay and the fault line trailers were amazing.

I will be playing it on PC. If you guys want to establish a Hide team for BF3, I am in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Level's have nothing to do with skill on this game. I have more kills with the M4 and M16 than any other weapons because i like to use them. You could also have 0 kills and still do great, it's not about kills it's about completing the objective, and teamwork. Not a fan of prone... without prone this game would be awful prone is a must for military shooters IMO.</div></div>

prone is just as worthless as a jump button.

jumping has no place in a military shooter, and i'd be ok with prone if it took more than a fraction of a second to get in/out of the prone position and if it wasn't possible to fire accurately while crawling.

and my comment about the players with the high rankings was to illustrate that they have devoted entirely too much time to the game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Level's have nothing to do with skill on this game. I have more kills with the M4 and M16 than any other weapons because i like to use them. You could also have 0 kills and still do great, it's not about kills it's about completing the objective, and teamwork. Not a fan of prone... without prone this game would be awful prone is a must for military shooters IMO.</div></div>

prone is just as worthless as a jump button.

jumping has no place in a military shooter, and i'd be ok with prone if it took more than a fraction of a second to get in/out of the prone position and if it wasn't possible to fire accurately while crawling.

and my comment about the players with the high rankings was to illustrate that they have devoted entirely too much time to the game.</div></div>

I see your point but without prone it would be awful. BC2 is a prime example because not being able to go prone takes away 50% of the battlefield that could be used as cover. There are several instances i just sat crouched in BC2 but the pillars or ledges of what i was kneeling behind weren't tall enough and exposed my head, so i got shot in the head. BF3 is also more realistic than BC2 in the fact it only takes 4-6shots to die rather than 15. If your playing on console i could see where transitioning from prone to standing up could be a pain. But on PC all i have to do is press shift and my soldier puts his left hand on the ground for support and transitions to sprinting very quickly.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be playing it on PC. If you guys want to establish a Hide team for BF3, I am in.</div></div>

I'm down in a heartbeat, then i could actually play with some people who want to work as a team. Metro has been very frustrating at times when i'm the only one of my squad rushing. Then when i finally arm the Mcom noone spawns on me or helps, sucks
    frown.gif
    I can create a SH platoon if anyone wants me too.

if anyone is looking for a squadmate, send me an invite.

"wsample"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good vid of BF3 on PC v BF3 on PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo50Ar420 </div></div>

Man, I hate when dumbasses on youtube think they're being clever.

I wish it was a actual comparison.

I started PC Gaming back in 04. It burns just about as big of a hole in my pocket as my guns do... but damn do I love it! Im an adrenaline junkie and video games provide a cheep day to day fix lol

I played the early BF3 beta 2 days before the open beta and Caspian border was just released yesterday. I had gotten to number 360 in the world for total number of kills and was one of the first people to hit COL. rank lol.

Here are some pics and specs of my rig. Ill post some fraps video of the game play.

EVGA GTX 480 super clocked
    EVGA X58 SLI mother board
    Core I7 930 clocked to 3.2
    6GB of DDR3 1600
    HAF 932 Case
    ASUS 23" LCD 20,000:1 monitor 2ms
    Razer lycosa keyboard
    RAT 7 cyborg mouse

HPIM9781.jpg

HPIM9784.jpg

I made most of the people of the server rage quit ha ha!
    bf32011-10-0219-33-59-17.jpg

bf32011-10-0121-02-50-93.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I made most of the people of the server rage quit ha ha!</div></div>
    2:1 is an OK kill ratio. I don't know how that translates to actual game but 10:1 is where it should be.
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sami</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    2:1 is an OK kill ratio. I don't know how that translates to actual game but 10:1 is where it should be.
    wink.gif
    </div></div>

There is a difference between sitting back an camping and getting a 10:1 KDR and playing objectively.
    wink.gif

I have some screen shots of me going like 17 to 1. my highest kill streak is 28!!! It some times get to the point where im out of both primary and secondary ammo and I have either find a kit or knife someone and take it from them!

36 and 5 has been my best score. Nice rig, I'm about to upgrade to bulldozer right now I'm running this

And phenom 955 @ 3.6
    8gb of ddr3 2000 clocked At 1600
    GTX-470

Also the beta fir PC is locked at medium on dx10 final product there won't be much of a comparison especially since console isn't even running at 720p BF3 has been capped at 705p

I just found out i hold the longest head shot in the world for BF3!!! I poped some dude in the RU spawn with a M98B from the top of the antenna at 1390 meters.

longshot.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sami</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    wink.gif
    </div></div>

There is a difference between sitting back an camping and getting a 10:1 KDR and playing objectively.
    wink.gif
    </div></div>
    Camping needs to be at 30:1 ratio at least.

I'm sure you realize I'm just jesting. Back in the day when I had time to play was with Medal of Honor series; Allied Assault and AA: Spearhead. Today with work and family I find little time for games, and quite frankly with age the interest is waning too. Since BF2 was THE game, I'm trying to revive my gaming with BF3 (BC2 was warmup).

Here's my rig:

i7 920 @ 4GHz
    3x Samsung 23" LED's in Eyefinity 5760x1080 resolution
    2x Radeon HD6970's
    Nostromo n52 + Saitek X52

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck PC... GO PS3!!!!</div></div>

Funny guy ^ why would i want to downgrade?

I uploaded some beta gameplay to youtube. you can watch it in full 1080p. actual gameplay looks even better than this does because I converted the raw file from 4gb to 440mb.

Got some good cobra gun ship footage in there.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbWiuZ36HL4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lbWiuZ36HL4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck PC... GO PS3!!!! </div></div>

Thats like saying fuck guns go airsoft...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck PC... GO PS3!!!! </div></div>

Thats like saying fuck guns go airsoft...</div></div>

LMAO that's funny.

Sebben check this Headshot out. Is that you?
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2fvy4-BT9E&feature=player_embedded#!"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2fvy4-BT9E&feature=player_embedded#!" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Nope mine is 1390.13M my shot is 1.4x farther than his
    wink.gif

Untitled.jpg

The leader board shows your standing among your friends and the number one in the world to the right. In battle log if you scroll over your friends you can see there global standing as well.

BF2 was one of my all time favorite multiplayer games. It's a fun game, and even better when you are with people you know on the same squad. Occasionally the magic happens even with strangers too.

I'm really looking forward to BF3. I didn't care for the beta much though because that map and game mode make it feel too much like Counterstrike. I hate Counterstrike. For me Battlefield is all about Conquest mode in big maps.

Here's a screenie:
    Battlefield-3-single-player-6.jpg

Did you not play the beta on PC? Caspain border servers opened the last weekend. IMO they need to change PC at least back to 6 man squads. It's so stupid with 64 players to have 4 man squads. If two go to a vehicle that leaves you with only 2 men on the ground working alone together.. not enough.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bEI8d1ivdI&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bEI8d1ivdI&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Looking forward to it. Another reason for home CINC to remind me how young I am at heart
    grin.gif

Anyone able to get a joystick working on PC?

I have a Logitech joystick and simply cannot get it mapped right to work in BF3. The mapping interaction itself seems really buggy; for example, simply having the joystick plugged in prevents me from using the "hold ESC to clear" function.

I am really used to key/mouse for foot/ground and joystick for aircraft on the previous games BF1942, Desert Combat, and BF2.

I am not a PC gaming noob at all, yet I've completely hit a brick wall with this.

So, anyone using a joystick on PC successfully? If so, which one?

It's just like BF2 but, it sucks. I got it to work and there is no adjustment for sensitivity so it's not very responsive.

Delete all the bindings just like you had to in BF2 then set the bindings for the joystick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's just like BF2 but, it sucks.</div></div>
    BF2 or BF:BC2? BF2 was good but joystick in BF:BC2 sucked so I am hoping BF3 is much better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    BF2 or BF:BC2? BF2 was good but joystick in BF:BC2 sucked so I am hoping BF3 is much better.</div></div>

I meant it's like BF2 in getting the joystick to work, not gameplay sorry for the confusion. The game is extremely fun. Joystick in BF3 though as of when i tried it was horrible, it was too sluggish and unresponsive. On top of that Jets are rather under powered in this game. They nerfed so much in the name of balance that it's ridiculous i miss my f-35 with bombs.

im not sure about pc or the beta but on the 360 sniper bullets disappear after 975 meters or so ive been told