• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone put a can on Browning ABolt II?

ColbyLang

Sergeant, Smart Ass, and general know it all
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2012
Louisiana
It's now legal to hunt with them in Louisiana. Just wondering if anyone else has swapped out a BOSS system for a suppressor. Thinking long and hard about doing it with my 30-06 and SF SOCOM. Only necessary pieces would be a muzzle break for the quick attach system and an adapter to go from 9/16-24 to 5/8-24. Thoughts? Opinions?

I haven't done it yet... I have an Abolt in 30-06 with a non-boss brake. As soon as my paperwork clears it will be rifle #2 for my Silencer Co harvester.

Just make sure you work with a reputable gunsmith to ensure the suppressor alignment it right. With the lighter contour barrels you need to make sure alignment is correct or you risk baffle strikes.

I haven't done it yet... I have an Abolt in 30-06 with a non-boss brake. As soon as my paperwork clears it will be rifle #2 for my Silencer Co harvester.

how's the accuracy of the harvester on your rifle? been sighting a vx6 an A-bolt with boss, it shoots .5 moa at 100 with remington core-lokt

Will be putting a tbac 30ba on my abolt as soon as it's out of NFA prison. But it's already been rebarreled and threaded correctly for it so it's really just like any other bolt gun in those regards.

thanks for the replies guys, glad Im not the only one doing it. In regards to the brake being installed properly for the can.....the sure fire brake/ quick attach for the can has to be timed to be on the gun properly. I'll allow my gunsmith to time it just like he did for my AI AE.

how's the accuracy of the harvester on your rifle? been sighting a vx6 an A-bolt with boss, it shoots .5 moa at 100 with remington core-lokt

I havent gotten the suppressor out of jail yet. I cant wait to try the Harvester on my 300 and 30-06. Everything I have read about the Harvester says its decent for accuracy. I am doing everything direct thread.

Last edited:
Will be putting a tbac 30ba on my abolt as soon as it's out of NFA prison. But it's already been rebarreled and threaded correctly for it so it's really just like any other bolt gun in those regards.

Who did your rebarrel? What barrel did you go with? Thanks

A local guy that does all my smith work, He doesn't advertise and is kinda cagey about who he does work for.

I took my 270 WSM and had him put on a Std Palma profile barrel chambered in 7-300 WSM. So far seems to do the trick.

I can't seem to find it now. But one "gunsmith" thought it would be a good idea to make an adapter out of the BOSS device. End result: baffle strike.

They make thread adapters that go from Browning BOSS threads to 5/8x24. But I don't think the standard A - bolt barrel provides enough shoulder.

I think re-barreling is the best option.

I can't seem to find it now. But one "gunsmith" thought it would be a good idea to make an adapter out of the BOSS device. End result: baffle strike.

They make thread adapters that go from Browning BOSS threads to 5/8x24. But I don't think the standard A - bolt barrel provides enough shoulder.

I think re-barreling is the best option.

yeah, that sounds like a not so great idea, I think with a brake attach style can, and correct threading/cutting the barrel back a bit to get enough shoulder, it'd be fine, but it's a fine line. With something like the eclipse models with heavier barrels, it's a no brainer, but a std sporter barrel doesn't leave a lot to work with.

When I spoke to a smith about threading my Sig SHR 970 he was going to thread the barrel and make a small adaptor up to 5/8-24. He said lots of sport sized barrels don't have enough metal for good threads. If you want the info on the smith pm me and I can give you his info and a picture of what I'm going to have him do for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk