• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Anyone Read A Good Fiction Novel Lately?

Just finished Memory Man by David Baldacci, it was pretty good. Murder mystery. I've read everything by Vince Flynn. It's a shame he is no longer with us. Brad Thor is good, but not as good as Flynn.

I haven't read this one, but I think I'm going to have to buy it......... :)

donald.jpg

The dead have risen to devour the living...and President Donald Trump is fighting back! It's a blood-soaked, action-packed zombie apocalypse that begins at a rally in Nashville, staggers to the Oval Office and the CDC, and ends in a battle royale at the border wall, as Donald Trump, a brave team of warriors, and a machete that never rests fight a life-or-death war to Make America Human Again!
The zombie outbreak begins all over the world at virtually the same moment … and for President Donald Trump, it begins during a rally in Nashville, Tennessee. He and his Secret Service AIC are forced into hand-to-hand combat with the dead, and barely escape with their lives – and the help of a brave team of commandos led by a Special Forces soldier named Tomlin.
These are classic George Romero zombies, except faster and even more angry. And by the time Trump, Agent Diaz, and Tomlin land on the South Lawn of the White House, the world has been lost. They have to fight again – guns and knives vs. the relentless hunger of the walking dead – and actually make to the Oval Office. They learn just how bad things have become and decide to move their base of operations to the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta … just as former President Barack Obama arrives. He's already lost his wife, and barely begins to speak before his arm falls off and he transforms into a bloodthirsty zombie right in front of them. President Trump moves fast: He takes a machete from one of the fallen and slices the top off ex-Obama's head, stopping the Presidential zombie forever and revealing an evil little worm-thing that has eaten his brain. Is that the source of the rising dead … or has it been there much longer?
Within moments, Trump and his team – including the beautiful and mysterious blonde Stacey Chase – fight their way back out of the Oval Office to the chopper and rush to the CDC. Communications indicate it's still safe, but they land on the wrong building at the worst possible time to find that the Center has only just fallen. The Undead attack; they lose the chopper, and Trump and his shrinking team of survivors have to fight their way down ten flights of stairs, past ravenous zombies and crazed humans, just to escape in an Army MRAP. They lose the intriguing Stacey Chase even as she unlocks the vehicle that allows them to flee … to their final destination: the Border Wall.
When Trump and his battle-hardened crew reach the huge and still secure construction site in Sierra Blanca, East Texas, they have to fight through mobs of zombie protesters, zombie media people, and zombie construction workers to reach true safety. They even have to use a massive bulldozer to haul away tons of the walking dead in a final battle royale. But they make it. And Trump is able to tap into what remains of the worldwide communications network, reach out to the survivors and heroes who still exist across a zombie-infected world, and tell them there is still hope. That together, they can re-take their country. They can Make America Human Again!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Donald-Tru...48&sr=8-1&keywords=donald+trump+zombie+hunter

Funny being back on the old site...a lot of us have the same tastes in literature obviously! I have found some of my favorite books from suggestions from some of you over the years so thanks! +1 on Monster Hunter International, really fun ones that have become some of my favorite fiction. Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, Vince Flynn have all been stellar for years. I must say, Clancy's revenge book Without Remorse was just downright satisfying. Amazing that he was writing his other stuff based off 20 year old material that had been declassified.

One my brother turned me onto: The Dog Stars and also The Painter. Same author, Peter Heller.

Dog stars is post-apocalyptic guy who is a pilot and shooter in Denver CO area trying to survive. The writing is excellent, has a bit of everything but for obvious reasons I enjoyed the gun nut on a home made tower with a Cheytac smacking baddies. Author's style is great, his sense of humor cracked me up.

Daniel Silva's Gabriel Allon series is excellent, a refreshing take on anti-terrorism stuff with a good dose of culture, art(which I really enjoyed and I'm not artsy) and history. He also has very good insights into Russia and it's history and oligarchs based on real experiences in several. Like Vince Flynn et al but more class and a different perspective (Israeli).

I haven't read Hunter's last 3-4 books. Does he still think that the 168gr SMK is the preferred long range sniper bullet? :)

Haha, funny that you bring that up...that book was what got me into long range shooting/reloading as a teenager. It's also why I insisted on shooting the 168 SMK for so long LOL. In his defense Point of Impact was written in 1993 so he wasn't TOO far off back then. I did end up switching from my first savage to a bit better Rifle/ Caliber (AI AT in 6mm/6.5). Even Bob Lee Swagger has gotten into playing with a 6.5 CM in one of the later books!

Have had good luck with the "Stephen" authors: Hunter, Pressfield and King.

I'm currently reading "Dancing in the Jungle" by Jacob Gottfredson. I'm really enjoying this book, it's written by a friend of mine and fellow shooter who's written many gun articles and several books. It's definitely worth the read!

Is there a reason only one of you has mentioned the Scott McEwen "Sniper Elite" series? I've listened to them on audiobooks 2-3 times over. I find them to be much more entertaining than the Vince Flynn series that I am about 8 books deep in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read 'Ready Player One' by Ernest Cline. Set in a dystopian future, where everyone spends most of their time in a virual reality universe to escape the reality of life in the grip of a decades long energy crisis. The (1980's obsessed) inventor of the system dies heirless and leaves his fortune, and control of the virtual reality universe to whoever solves a series of puzzles and challenges, and finds the Easter egg that he has hidden in the game.

It's an interesting premise, and I quite enjoyed most of the book, but thought perhaps it seemed a bit like he was hurrying to finish the story towards the end. Seems that they're making it into a movie now as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ready_Player_One

The Pike Logan series by Brad Taylor are some of the best thrillers I've picked up in a while. I highly recommend them if you are a fan of Vince Flynn and Brad Thor. The author is retired SF/Delta and is actually a good storyteller and writer.

I find it really annoying when authors can't get the technical stuff right (like that idiot Ben Coes), but Brad Taylor gets it dead nuts right every time.

Did you get the 3 new Flynn books, another author is writing under his name... good books, I was happy to see them come out