• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone run a TL3 in AICS?

Estes640

Sergeant of the Hide
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Bellevue, KY
Does anyone/ has anyone run a bighorn TL3 in an aics? Any issues with feeding/figment with the action? I am looking at an aics 1.5 with viper skins

Look in the TL3 thread. There are a handful of people that run them, maybe 2-3. I recall that there was a lot of trimming that needed to be done.

Hate to bring this back from the dead.

But what all is needed to make it work with a TL3?

Call Mile High and talk with those guys. They know the AI chassis systems very well and also carry our products. They should be able to give some guidance on what is needed for fitment.

Thanks - Ray

Ray they fit in Manners with a Mini Chassis without a problem correct?

Mini chassis yes works fine.

The ejection port, bolt release, and bolt knob need to be TL3 specific unless its the new TCS (ejection port mostly aesthetic)

That's what dremel is for ;)

Mine are set up for Surgeons with side bolt and I don't care about ejection port variances. Have had to hit the dremel for a bolt handle angle before and easy. Not worried about it much. Can't wait for the TL3 to get here and get my build going.

Mine are set up for Surgeons with side bolt and I don't care about ejection port variances. Have had to hit the dremel for a bolt handle angle before and easy. Not worried about it much. Can't wait for the TL3 to get here and get my build going.
I love my TL3 (aics cut), Origin long action, and the RimX that came this weekend is a real winner too

I am hoping someone chimes in with previous experience for this combo, I have my old AICS 2.0 chassis that i want to give a make over to.

I am particularly interested in the feeding for an AW mag since my AIAT feeds like a champ with no magazine MODS

@Zermatt Arms

Thanks for the info. I will send a PM woth another question i have for you.