• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

anyone running 180 accubond out of a 308

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
Going on a bear hunt in one week. could not get a 300 win mag to shoot worth a shit. Have some left over 180 accubonds. I have a international Accuracy Mark 3 in 308. I usually shoot the federal gold medal match out of it.

Got looking around and I have 500 piece once fired from a bolt gun federal gold medal match. I have 4895 powder and varget. Probably would not be able to get any 4064 in time. I have one day to load and one day to shoot.

Just wondering if anyone is running them.

THanks

Paul

Accu-bonds are extremely accurate out of both my 270 and 300 Win. Mag. I've shot some big game with them, and they expand well. They don't blow up on bone. With the appropriate bullet weight, they should work fine on bear....

Going on a bear hunt in one week. could not get a 300 win mag to shoot worth a shit. Have some left over 180 accubonds. I have a international Accuracy Mark 3 in 308. I usually shoot the federal gold medal match out of it.

Got looking around and I have 500 piece once fired from a bolt gun federal gold medal match. I have 4895 powder and varget. Probably would not be able to get any 4064 in time. I have one day to load and one day to shoot.

Just wondering if anyone is running them.

THanks

Paul

i haven't shot accubonds but I do shoot 178 amax and bthp with 43.5 of varget .030 off. chrono at 2700 fps in a 22in barrel. federale brass. 210m primer

I have. Ran them in LC brass with CCI200 primers over 44g of Reloader 15 seated to mag lenth of 2.80. Very accurate and real killers. This is about the max load and just starting to show pressure signs. My son shot a large doe at 120 yards and it was dead before she hit the ground. We recovered the bullet and it had perfect expansion. I chronoed the load at 1680 out of a 20" Remington SPS. I still have a few left but have since been hunting with my 178 Amax rounds which do a great job. I like hunting with the same rounds I target shoot with. But overall the Accubond is a great bullet. Many like the 165 better than the 180 due to seating depth and powder capacity but the accubond does not need blistering speed to do its job. Anything over 2500 out to 500 yards will do the job with great accuracy.

Well I just ran them in Federal Gold medal match brass, Larger primer and h4895 43.0 grains at 2.82 and it shot.......................... wait for it----------------------------------------------------------- .168 inch group - five shots.