• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone running a 1.25” straight in a MPA BA Comp

Lastsaint21

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2020
I have read that the NV nubs have to come off, I don’t use it so I don’t care about that. Anything else I should be aware of? I don’t want to get into this and regret it. I figure I might as well have it bedded too, since I am cutting the NV nubs off, won’t be much for resale and that chassis will always be with that gun. (I will have a gunsmith do it, I don’t have the stomach to do it myself or the knowledge)

Just do a 1.20, you won’t notice any difference in weight and it’ll fit the chassis without having to modify it. I also think it’s easier to find a 1.20 since even a straight contour need to get turned down to size from the raw blank.

Reactions: camocorvette
Just do a 1.20, you won’t notice any difference in weight and it’ll fit the chassis without having to modify it. I also think it’s easier to find a 1.20 since even a straight contour need to get turned down to size from the raw blank.
actually just the opposite for me.. I finally saw a 1.25 Kreiger for sale and jumped on it after waiting forever for a 1.20''.. It does sound like the GS can make it work with a little bit of work.

actually just the opposite for me.. I finally saw a 1.25 Kreiger for sale and jumped on it after waiting forever for a 1.20''.. It does sound like the GS can make it work with a little bit of work.
I had the opposite experience, could find 1.20 but couldn’t track down 1.25

You can remove a small enough amount of material to still use the NV mount. Bedding is also pretty easy to remove from if you want to change. Go for it.

Reactions: Lastsaint21