• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone Running a YHM Resonator 2

ReachMedic

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2020
So I am looking at an all around 30 caliber can for everything from my 10.5 300blk AR to my future 24" 6.5 and everything less. The Sig (non Ti) and the YHM are on my list. What are your thoughts? Anyone running the YHM? What would be the drawbacks of either compared to the competition?

I purchased a resonator k as my first can a few months ago. I was lucky enough to have a dealer with an indoor 50 yard range. I took it out for one shooting session and I was impressed. I have the yhm qd comps on my 6.5 Creed and ar15. The attachment method is solid and ratchets down nicely. Accuracy on both rifles were on point with and with out the can attached at 50 yards. Overall I’m happy with the purchase.

Reactions: ReachMedic
I’m not sure if any R2s have made it into the wild. Keep in mind the only difference between resonator first gen and 2nd gen (R2) is the end cap (milling for flash hider properties) and the rear being modular for different mounts (1.375 x 24). The whole baffle stack and internals are the same, so the core performance should be the same... which is to say excellent. So you should really just ask For feedback, search reviews, etc. on any resonator (original or R2).

It has some of the highest suppression (dB reduction) amongst the cans silencershop has tested (see their “range time” YouTube test video and compare to competitors “Range time” video).

I have the original resonator and love it. Just a really good overall can that is built like a tank. The R2 just adds modularity if you want to run a different mounting system. I don't know why the YHM's are more popular, especially with their price point. I have 3 different YHM cans and they all run and sound great. The old SS phantom series were heavy as hell, but the turbo's and resonator's are all pretty great.