• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone see the Pacquipfight?

Re: Anyone see the Pacquipfight?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close was it? </div></div>
Close

Pac landed more in the fight, not much more though.
Marquez did more damage. Pac's face was swollen at the end. It was more of a draw, than a win for pac in my opinion. I don't think it should have been a win.

in all honesty, it was not an exciting fight. Pac man was looking a bit off. Looking forward to a potential May-bitch vs Pacman fight. Hopefully the time has come.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close was it? </div></div>
Close

Pac landed more in the fight, not much more though.
Marquez did more damage. Pac's face was swollen at the end. It was more of a draw, than a win for pac in my opinion. I don't think it should have been a win.

</div></div>

Wow....did we see the same fight? You thought that Pacquiao looked swollen?! Marquez was swollen..not Pacquiao. Hell, Pacquiao even got his eye busted with a headbutt and didn't look any worse for the wear besides the cut ...that Marquez couldn't even land another shot on to open back up and get a stoppage.

By volume of shots landed, power and otherwise, Pacquiao won. He was faster, didn't look nearly as winded and is the champ, so you have to beat him...not almost match him, to get the win.

I wished it would have been a fight decided by KO and not majority decision, but it was a good matchup and one that Pacquio needed if he's going to be ready for Maywether ....should the fight happen. Which, by the way, has a better chance of happening now because Maywether may feel that Pac-Man is less of a threat after this showing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow....did we see the same fight? You thought that Pacquiao looked swollen?! Marquez was swollen..not Pacquiao. Hell, Pacquiao even got his eye busted with a headbutt and didn't look any worse for the wear besides the cut ...that Marquez couldn't even land another shot on to open back up and get a stoppage.

By volume of shots landed, power and otherwise, Pacquiao won. He was faster, didn't look nearly as winded and is the champ, so you have to beat him...not almost match him, to get the win.

I wished it would have been a fight decided by KO and not majority decision, but it was a good matchup and one that Pacquio needed if he's going to be ready for Maywether ....should the fight happen. Which, by the way, has a better chance of happening now because Maywether may feel that Pac-Man is less of a threat after this showing. </div></div>

I saw the fight, and while I don't quite agree with Silverbullet's assessment, I don't think I quite saw it the way you did either. I agree with some other comments that I thought that Pacquiao looked a bit off his usual form. I definitely thought that Pacquiao looked MUCH faster than Marquez, especially at the start of the fight. As the fight wore on, I thought that Pacquiao showed his conditioning was better, but I still didn't think it was as good as he's looked in other fights, and the speed difference was not nearly as evident as it was earlier in the fight. I wouldn't necessarily say that the majority of shots landed power or otherwise were won by Pacquiao. I thought the power shots were pretty close to even. There were lots of times where they were trading power shots blow for blow, it was easy to see in the replays. Then at times one would land a power shot in an exchange, and then in the next exchange the other fighter would land a good clean power shot and a second fair (but not completely clean) power shot.

I didn't think it was a pretty or "super exciting" fight the way that some people like to think of them. I thought it was a pretty good fight with 2 solid game plans. I didn't think that Marquez beat Pacquiao, but I thought the fight was pretty even, and only the little things made the difference. Pacquiao is the champ, and he has to be beat, I didn't think Marquez did that. He did put on a good fight and a good showing, and I didn't feel that he was dominated or badly beaten by Pacquiao. I felt like he was edged out, and that made the difference. I'd love to see him fight Mayweather, although I think Mayweather has suffered from a bad case of vaginitus and didn't want to fight him. I agree that maybe after this fight, Mayweather will feel that Pac Man is vulnerable enough to fight him. We'll just have to wait and see.

No doubt that Pac's last two fights weren't his usual domination and I agree completely with your second paragraph.

I don't think that he (Pac) dominated in the fight - I do think that he did enough to win (shots landed, power shots, etc...) or should I say that Marquez did not do enough to beat him.