• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone seen these bullets?

MBC223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2011
Tampa, Fl
Anyone seen these bullets before? The claimed bc is through the roof, listing the 230s at .8469 and the 175s at .6444. What gives here? Listed under rebated boat tails on the website. I am NOT advertising this shit, just seems like if these were legit people here would know. Seems far fetched to have a better bc than the berger hybrid.
Figured the bolt gun forum audience would know. Here's the website.

Whiskey3precisionsystems.com

Rebated BT bullets are a real thing.

Match grade generally means tight production controls, a high level uniformity, low variance from item to item, i.e. It's good shit. If their claims are true, all the bullets should have characteristics that result in a very low standard deviation. Weight, geometry, etc...

Corbin Rebated Boattail Dies

Wow, I have never seen such a thing. That is a lot of money to spend on a bullet. Think I will stick with the Bergers!

If the bc is true, and these are consistent and accurate bullets, i can see these for a very narrow use in shooting ELR. Lots of if's.

These are Lapua's I had laying around for years.

Attachments

• lapuafmj.jpg
    lapuafmj.jpg
    584.1 KB · Views: 14
I was gonna ask the same, if anyone here heard of them, figured I'd give a couple a try...wouldn't hurt anything.

I would be very curious to hear from anyone with some actual test data and comparison of uniformity. If the bc is that high these could be a real smoker for my rifle. Just don't wanna waste money on goofy crap. Berger hybrid or a max is a safe bet. Any expertise from the high timers here would be appreciated.

I would be very curious to hear from anyone with some actual test data and comparison of uniformity.
IIRC the difference I seen between a rebated 175 vs a Sierra 175 MK or Old style Hornady 162 BT in a 7mm rem mag was like 3-4+ minutes at a grand in Florida long ago. The thing I enjoyed about them is they would go toe to toe with a flatbase for 300 and in. So one bullet did it all. Rebated bullets were even used in 7.62X54R ammo by the Finns to reach out and touch Russians long ago.

I'm not buying the b.c. claims. I make some bullets myself. There's no way they're getting almost .8 b.c. from a 210 gr. bullet. Unless they mean at 3800 fps?

I don't know. With all the money people spend shooting long range comps/rec/hunting I don't think the high price of these is a factor. Those bc's are waaayyy high. Seems like bs. Where's Mr Litz when you need him to speak some truth?

It is possible to get these very high B.C. (real numbers). Over the years this has been done with the use of tungsten as the core material vs lead. Tungsten is much more dense than lead, this percentage is directly proportionate to the BC, that along with some very well designed bullets and the use of custom bullet mfg dies has resulted in the real thing. Price is a PROBLEM, years ago when these were coming out of Oak Ridge, they were in the vicinity of $2.00 each. The price of Tungsten has not gone down.....

I just went to their site, and they are "performing scheduled maintenance". Who schedules maintenance in the middle of the day?

Yea like I said before I'm ignorant on rebated boat tails, but if these bc's were legit don't you think they'd appear and ultra competitive events (like this year's SHC?)...people do all sorts of things to get an edge. I don't know everything but have been around this game a while having never seen these niche market projos in person.
Just seems odd.

Are they listing G1 or G7 BC's? Most bullets are listed as G1. You've got to get into the realm of Bryan Litz to start thinking in G7. Since these are high performance bullets the numbers quoted are probably G7, which I think are in a higher range than the BC's you usually see, which are G1. Apples to apples. Oranges to oranges. Banana.

Edit:
I stand corrected, see pawprint2's post below on G1 vs G7. As he stated, is it a density thing?

Last edited:
Are they listing G1 or G7 BC's? Most bullets are listed as G1. You've got to get into the realm of Bryan Litz to start thinking in G7. Since these are high performance bullets the numbers quoted are probably G7, which I think are in a higher range than the BC's you usually see, which are G1. Apples to apples. Oranges to oranges. Banana.
I believe you are mixed up. Most bullet companies , Sierra included published G1 BCs as you pointed out, however; G7 BCs are usually lower not the other way around. Better form, lathe turned, higher density material all can and do contribute to BC. An account of a shooting match taking place 100+ years ago, where one of the shooters cast his bullets from gold, was reported in the Rifleman several years ago, the increased density was known, thus it was suppose to give him an edge. How it worked out I don't recall, but you can bet he was down range with a pocket knife digging that boy out as soon as the range was clear.

Last edited:
Contacted them:

"Here are some spec's on 200 & 210 308 RBT-ST

200 gr OAL 1.553 Base to Ogive 0.548 BC @ 2500 fps 0.7364 Twist 1:971 G1
210gr OAL 1.588 Base to Ogive 0.584 BC @ 2500 fps 0.7732 Twist 1:932 G1

At this time I don't use G7 however G7 is better for long profile projo's hope this helps."