• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Anyone seen these SIRT training pistols?

Re: Anyone seen these SIRT training pistols?

One of the instructors at a Glock advanced armorer's course I attended the week before last had one of the polymer pistols. Seemed to work well enough, I think it could be useful for practice when someone can't get to the range.

Thats what its for. I would think it would be way better practice than dry firing because you actually follow through and get to see where your "shot" hit

I played with one, I was impressed, I plan on getting one to help learn instinctive shooting.

I would get one if they came in 19/23 size. May still get one.

Ive got one and the AR bolt. I have had the pistol since Christmas and the AR bolt for about a month.

My issue sidearm is a Glock 22 and the SIRT is the same size/weigh as my duty sidearm. Since I have had the pistol version I have increased my training. I use it on the range and with other Officers. It has allowed me and the Officers I work with to do some pretty cool things. For example we can not have patrol cars on the range because somebody long ago shot one of the squad cars the last time they did it. Between calls and on slow days me and the guys on my shift clear and secure our sidearms and use the SIRT for force on force drills. We can also work on moving targets. We also train with SIMS, but this is cheaper. We can also work on shooting behind cover and go through several reps before using ammo. We can practice disarming techniques.

I also go to a private gym and have a trainer and we have incorporated the SIRT pistol into my training. Along the lines of what you see on the NLT website.

As for CCW and citizens this is a great tool even if you dont have or use a Glock. Also NLT just introduced a less expensive model which is around $220. They are also working on a S&W M&P version as well as others. Even if you dont have a Glock you can work on your draw, sight alignment, grip, and trigger. You can adjust the trigger pull to fit your particular pistol.

I dont work for NLT. I can go on and on about the SIRT. Im a big fan and user. Makes dry fire more enjoyable which in turn means I do it more. I have targets posted around the house and my wife hates it, which depending on your wife could also be a bonus. Any questions go ahead and ask and I will try to get an answer for you.

I got to use one for about 10mins at SHOT 2011 and in that short bit of time my First Round, Indicated, Hits went up by a factor about 10.

The AR bolt was just a prototype at that time, but I would certainly buy one