• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anyone shipped a rifle recently, ups or fedx best ?

rockwind1

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
westworld
Or even USPS, in the past USPS has been the cheapest for me for other packages but lately it doesn’t seem like the case.

I've used Fedex and UPS several times in the past year. They all get there the same. I'd look at pricing and how far you are from their shipping facilities (they don't take them at their UPS Stores or Fedex/Kinkos.) I've never used USPS, but I imagine it is the same.

Hey guys just checked again

Something must have changed/my original statement is out of date.

Ups ships firearms.

Reactions: VegasHKShooter
I believe firearms bust be dropped at a UPS hub, but the ship them. It is who I use.

I have used USPS and FedEx hundreds of times for shipping firearms, I have had good luck with both and shitty luck with both. USPS is usually a little less expensive if the case is small, if it is a large case FedEx is the way to go.

I have shipped several rifles USPS with no issues, just make sure to overpack it! I place the rifle in a hard case and then put that in a cardboard box with plenty of padding stuffed in.
DW

Not too recent, but I shipped through UPS back in October. Full rifle, in a case to my smith. Zero issues. They even helped me make a custom box for it. I think I paid $50, but that was from insurance and delivery confirmation.

I've used USPS to ship several rifles both for warranty work and to buyers FFLs. It's always worked out fine, no issues.

I use fedex or usps. I've had UPS leave signature confirmation packages on the porch, so I don't have much faith in them.

UPS at a hub facility. Used FedEx before also, same deal there. If goes to an FFL I print that out too. Makes the process rather painless all in all.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Interesting. Never heard of them before. I'll probably give them a try on the next go-round.

Works really well if the FFL is on their list. It’s a budsgunshop entity. So they use their bulk shipping discount to pass on.

Reactions: AIAW
Works really well if the FFL is on their list. It’s a budsgunshop entity. So they use their bulk shipping discount to pass on.

It looks like FedEx is their carrier, I wonder if their prices are cheaper than just going to FedEx?

Pro tip. All of these logistics companies have limited liability T&C’s. You must purchase the declared value coverage. If you don’t purchase that coverage and UPS loses your $3000 rifle you will only get at most $100 for your claim. $100 is the amount that any domestic parcel is covered automatically by UPS & FED EX. Anything above that and you have to purchase additional coverage.

Pro tip. All of these logistics companies have limited liability T&C’s. You must purchase the declared value coverage. If you don’t purchase that coverage and UPS loses your $3000 rifle you will only get at most $100 for your claim. $100 is the amount that any domestic parcel is covered automatically by UPS & FED EX. Anything above that and you have to purchase additional coverage.

Same as if you ship it at the counter. Don’t add insurance, don’t get insurance.

Funny, last time I went into Fedex, lady asked what I had and replied machine parts. She popped back " what caliber?" while chuckling, ring ring, that'll be $$ I will try that Ship my gun though, cheaper.

They have been when I used them. Dramatically cheaper.

Very interesting, glad I heard about them, I'll have to give them a try next time.

Same as if you ship it at the counter. Don’t add insurance, don’t get insurance.

Yep, it is what it is, I always add insurance at the counter. I think the basic priority mail coverage is $50.