• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Anyone shooting a Sig 3000?

Silverbullet2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2009
Near Seattle, Wa.
I got to handle one of these rifles a bit ago, seems well built, nice McMillan stock, and user changable barrels, but that action was sweet!
Anyone shoot one? What are your experiences?

Thanks, Jason

Re: Anyone shooting a Sig 3000?

Silverbullet, I had one about 10-12 years ago, paid $2100.00 new from Impact guns, had a leupold scope on it. It shot right around .5-.6MOA with 168 federal GMM, I did shoot a .25, ONCE, I could never duplicate it again. BTW, they were 3 shot groups. I had a TBA M40A1, and I liked the Sig better, I would buy another if money permitted.

Re: Anyone shooting a Sig 3000?

One of the best action, trigger combos out there! You will be very hard pressed to find a better trigger than a SSG3000 (maybe the TRG but its very close). They also have a pretty cool barrel retension system that allows end user barrel changes with only an allen wrench. The only draw back is you have to remove it from the stock. You can get barrel extensions from Border barrels ib Scottland and have a gunsmith here in the USA set you up for different calibers. I currently have a Sauer 200TR and that is the same rifle in a different stock, but am looking for a SSG. If you get a line on one and dont decide to buy it shoot me a PM!!