• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone still run a mk4 scope?

Got a 2.5-8x36 on my ar-10, its been swapped across quite a few rifles, will keep shifting across platforms for new optics until I run out of rails to stick it on.

Of course!

2.5-8x36 on my mk12.

Attachments

• 98CE322B-71F7-446D-A17A-761900D32BEF.png
    98CE322B-71F7-446D-A17A-761900D32BEF.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 129
I have 2.
One is a 4.5-14x40 M1 on an ar 6.5 Grendel and the other is trouble prone 10x40 M3. It's back in Beaverton for the second time for repairs atm.
Not sure what I'll put it on when I get it back, if anything. Pretty much lost all confidence in that scope.

Yep have a few still in service. More of a sentimental thing than anything else. Would not buy one at current prices. Too many better options out there at that price. They still get hits, track true, and remind me of another time.

I had a MK4 fixed 10X that had a Premier Mildot reticle I purchased back in 1995.
Was an excellent scope. Sat on my PSS for many years.

I finally sold it last year to fund a newer scope with more magnification. I don't miss it.

Reactions: camocorvette
I still have a 3.5-10 on a ar that works just fine and I don't think I'll replace it unless it breaks.

Yep....mine are from the early Premier Gen II days. A 4.5x14 and a 6.5x20. Run great.

I still run one on a Savage bolt gun.

Attachments

• EDCAE35B-B705-41AC-947C-734FDBECBB8E.jpeg
    EDCAE35B-B705-41AC-947C-734FDBECBB8E.jpeg
    573.1 KB · Views: 49
Just seeing how many still run it. I have a 4.5-14x50 on my very first AR/MK12 build.
I'm getting ready to run one, again. I bought one about 15 years ago when they first came out with the TMR reticle. Still one of my most preferred reticules of all time.

Midway has the Long Range MK 4, 4x14x50 TMR on sale for $699. Could not pass that up. If the turret units matched the reticle and it was F1, it would be perfect.

But, I made it work then and will again.

Reactions: Sandhog308
Mine has the 1/2moa clicks, fucking retarded. But I still run it, elevation turret has the bdc engravings for the 168 smk, hold wind with the tmr. Its getting swapped to another rifle as soon as I find a replacement optic for my .308 gas gun. Kind of a handicap at 1000yd on 8x.

I have one left and it is the 3.5x10 M1 Mark 4 and it is a good scope.

I have one. A 4.5-14X40 LR/T with mil-dot reticle that I sent back to leupold to have M5 (mil) turrets put on. It was only like $250 buck for the swap and it’s been money well spent. It lives on an M1A and it may never move.

I have one. A 4.5-14X40 LR/T with mil-dot reticle that I sent back to leupold to have M5 (mil) turrets put on. It was only like $250 buck for the swap and it’s been money well spent. It lives on an M1A and it may never move.
I would like to have my turrets changed to .1 mil clicks but Leupold's website says the custom shop is closed.

I would like to have my turrets changed to .1 mil clicks but Leupold's website says the custom shop is closed.

Probably COVID... like everything else.

Actually, the long version of the story is that the original MOA tall capped turrets were damaged in an ATV rollover; snapped the elevation turret right off. I sent it in for repair and, since they were replacing the elevation turret anyway, I just asked them to replace both turrets with M5’s. They were more than happy to do it for a few hundred bucks and I’ve been super happy with it. MIL/MIL makes my Mk4 relevant again.

Reactions: Woollymonster

Actually, the long version of the story is that the original MOA tall capped turrets were damaged in an ATV rollover; snapped the elevation turret right off. I sent it in for repair and, since they were replacing the elevation turret anyway, I just asked them to replace both turrets with M5’s. They were more than happy to do it for a few hundred bucks and I’ve been super happy with it. MIL/MIL makes my Mk4 relevant again.
If I could get loopy to change my turrets to mil, I would officially be done with moa. Are the m5’s tall turrets like the m1’s or low profile like the m3’s?

If I could get loopy to change my turrets to mil, I would officially be done with moa. Are the m5’s tall turrets like the m1’s or low profile like the m3’s?

Tall, like M1. I asked about low profile MIL turrets (especially since mine might not have snapped off if they weren’t so G.D. tall), but they said no-can-do.

I’ll post up a picture next time I’m close to it. I’m currently on the road for work

I have a mk4 ER/T 6-20 with TMR that I really like on my 300wm. Good optic. Also have a mk6 3-18 and will eventually order a mk5

IMG_3166.JPG

IMG_3161.JPG

Courtesy of our friend Scott at Liberty Optics. This was my first "high end" scope many years ago. Scott took the time to actually talk to me and help me make an informed decision. Used it on a bolt gun at 1,000 yds and it performed perfecto. Recently finished this project and got a 100 yd zero. Rock solid and finishes the rifle quite nicely. As far as I'm concerned, Loopy is a proven optic. Some great looking rifles members!

Doug

Nice. I guess until the Custom Shop opens back up I will be dialing MOA and holding mils.