• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anyone tried "Quietus" for relief of Tinnitus

Re: Anyone tried "Quietus" for relief of Tinnitus

I've thought about it, but they don't tell you what's in it. I'm not going to use it until I know what's in it.

I was telling one of my customers about my crickets a few weeks back.
She went to the other room and came back with a bottle of prescription drops called "DermOtic Oil".

She said it was the only thing that's ever given her any relief.
I tried 4-5 drops and within 30 minutes, the ringing was nearly gone.

I haven't been to my own dr. to see about getting some for myself, but it's something I intend on trying.

Rx needed.

http://www.hillderm.com/products/prescription/dermotic-oil-ear-drops.shtml

Thanks Tucker.

If Gary Collins or that scrotum Trudeau start hawking it, infomercial style, then I'll know it's dog squeeze. But as the ads have been running a few months now, I thought it possible some braver souls might have tried it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ty the Sako Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Quietus" is homeopathic. So by definition it literally has no medicine of any kind. </div></div>

Yeah, but that ain't telling me what's in it.

And strangely, it doesn't make being around annoying women with shrill voices any easier to endure...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"DermOtic Oil".

She said it was the only thing that's ever given her any relief.
I tried 4-5 drops and within 30 minutes, the ringing was nearly gone.</div></div>

How long did it last?

Booze makes mine louder but it makes me not care about it.

sjohnny,
It lasted perhaps 24 hours.

The ringing can be caused by more than nerve damage, according to what I've found. Some tinnitus can even be heard by other people who stand closely to the one who is suffering.

The fine hairs in the inner ear that vibrate can become hyperactive and generate a ringing tone. in this scenario, I believe the oil acts as a buffer and calms the movement of the hairs.

Another type of ringing originates from the brain.

You know how if you hear the same machinery running all day long, and then you go home and you can almost still hear it in your head? It's kind of like that.

As we get older, we begin to lose the ability to hear in certain frequencies. The brain, having been used to being stimulated with sound in those ranges for all of our lives, actually generates a compensatory tone in that frequency range to make up for what it expects to be hearing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And strangely, it doesn't make being around annoying women with shrill voices any easier to endure... </div></div>

I know you say that tongue in cheek, but it is definitely true...at least in my left ear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Safety

DermOtic® Oil Ear Drops contain a non-allergenic peanut oil base. The corticosteroid used to treat the inflammation (0.01% fluocinolone acetonide) is very mild and safe, even in children as young as two years of age. </div></div>

WHAT!!! QUIT MUMBLING!!! LOOK AT ME WHEN YOU TALK!!!

I saw my ear doctor Tuesday. I asked her this same question. She just grinned and said she didn't think it would help my case. I'm hoping a hearing aid will at least help part of it.