• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone tried the Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44

Kamkaze

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2013
Texas
Just found this scope while searching, and I haven't seen much on it. Is it out yet? The CMR-W 7.62 reticle looks line it could be a good one. Thoughts?

I bought one with the TMR reticle early this year, I love it!!! My only complaint is that they put a small tang on the magnification ring which can limit where it is mounted on a picatinny base with low rings. Glass is clear and my sample passed a comprehensive tracking test. The reticle seems to be inline with the elevation knob, no noticable reticle cant. Ive shot with it out to 1,185 yards so far and had no problem spotting hits on steel with white paint.

I've heard good stuff about the leupold (even saw one on a long range shooting video) but I would suggest looking into the h-58 reticle. It's a very controversial reticle but once you learn to use it ( which takes all of about 10min) and get used to it, it is awesome. I currently run that reticle in a S&b on my long stick and it makes shooting out to 700 a breeze. But as far as the scope it is leupold, I've never seen one fail me or any of my padnuhs. Jujutsu some advice from a back woods boy.

I currently use a mark 4 3.5-10 with tmr and while its a good scope I'm a fan of the reticles with a "holdover tree" built in. I like the H58 but I'm curious if anyone in here has tried the cmr-w 7.62 reticle on any longer range tests.

I cannot help you there hopefully someone here has, but it was only be accurate for certain loads but I'd, much about it and won't pretend to

I have one with the TMR and love it. The size and weight are awesome. I really like the TMR. The only thing I'm still not sold on in the goofy elevation turret. It feels kinda weird and it takes some getting used to. It does work though. Hopefully Leupold will offer an upgrade option to swap to the lo pro turret the DAGR version has.

I am waiting for the illuminated model with the low turrets and the H58. SWFA has the illuminated model on their website... but the price is a bit steep. I can wait.

I have one with a h-58 on my OBR, Ive only had a chance to stretch it out to 450 yards on 6" steel. The only thing I can nit pick at is at 18x the reticle is a bit thick for my licking, but I fixed that by backing it off to 17 or 16x. Clear crisp glass and turrets are very nice. I have had the Mark 8 3.5-25 model on order since November but have not heard any updates or an ETA on that fine work of art.

What are you shooting it on and what ammo? I read somewhere that the CmR-w 7.62 reticle is ballisticaly match to the 118LR can anyone confirm this?

vsl1k1.jpg

What are you shooting it on and what ammo? I read somewhere that the CmR-w 7.62 reticle is ballisticaly match to the 118LR can anyone confirm this?

Sorry, I have it mounted on my lrb/m14 that resides in an ebr chassis. I have the TMR reticle that I love and is like the mildot that I learned on. Im not a fan of the other reticles, too much stuff going on. Shot it to 800m recently, 18x was more than enough power. Really nice crystal clear glass. I think back lit reticles are a gimmick and not needed. If you are shooting when it is that difficult to see the target get nvd of some sort. The turrets are amazing, nice solid tactile clicks, easy to use and lots of elevation. The magnification ring is easy to use and when you turn it the cap doesn't move too like on kf, which I hate! Really a great scope, nsw crane just selected it for its future builds. Great scope and if you are a mil, or Leo the leupy discount is the best in the business by far. .

Last edited:
Sorry, I have it mounted on my lrb/m14 that resides in an ebr chassis. I have the TMR reticle that I love and is like the mildot that I learned on. Im not a fan of the other reticles, too much stuff going on. Shot it to 800m recently, 18x was more than enough power. Really nice crystal clear glass. I think back lit reticles are a gimmick and not needed. If you are shooting when it is that difficult to see the target get nvd of some sort. The turrets are amazing, nice solid tactile clicks, easy to use and lots of elevation. The magnification ring is easy t and when you turn it the cap doesn't move too like on kf, which I hate! Really a great scope, nsw crane just selected it for its future builds. Great scope and if you are a mil, or Leo the leupy discount is the best in the business by far. .

Oh ok good info, thanks for that. I currently run a 3.5-10x40 mark 4 LR/T with TMR at work so I'm very familiar with that reticle. To be honest I'm less than impressed by that scope but I didn't buy it so I can't complain too much. It has no zero stop, no locking turrets, the clicks are basically non existent and I'm just general unimpressed with it. With that said this new mark6 has all the things my current letupold doesn't and the cmr reticle in theory seems perfect for what I'm wanting since I exclusively shoot LC 118LR but I would like to get my hands on one before I shell out that much cash. I will contact them and see what the LE pricing looks like, thanks for the tip.

Oh ok good info, thanks for that. I currently run a 3.5-10x40 mark 4 LR/T with TMR at work so I'm very familiar with that reticle. To be honest I'm less than impressed by that scope but I didn't buy it so I can't complain too much. It has no zero stop, no locking turrets, the clicks are basically non existent and I'm just general unimpressed with it. With that said this new mark6 has all the things my current letupold doesn't and the cmr reticle in theory seems perfect for what I'm wanting since I exclusively shoot LC 118LR but I would like to get my hands I on one before I shell out that much cash. I will contact them and see what the LE pricing looks like, thanks for the tip.

I had the same scope on our dmr and mk11 rifles. The mk6 and 8 are HUGE improvements over the older gen mk4. The glass is easily on par with the SB and premier scopes that are on our 40s. Call leupold on Monday and tell them you are a mil or leo (requires email sent from .mil account or Id for proof) and they will send you the price list. The discount is substantial, a lot better then the couple hundred SB, Premiere, or USO offers. The mk6 and mk8 have placed leupold firmly back in the fight.

I don't have one, but have been looking at them and thinking it could be my next scope. Reviews on other forums are relatively positive. Not a lot out there as they are so new. I like the fact that the eye relief remains constant at all magnification ranges. Some of their scopes do not. The reviews I read suggested the glass was as good as the conquests, but not quite up to the "Alpha"glass levels. Light weight is also a plus to me. I also really like the magnification range. Bruce

I had the same scope on our dmr and mk11 rifles. The mk6 and 8 are HUGE improvements over the older gen mk4. The glass is easily on par with the SB and premier scopes that are on our 40s. Call leupold on Monday and tell them you are a mil or leo (requires email sent from .mil account or Id for proof) and they will send you the price list. The discount is substantial, a lot better then the couple hundred SB, Premiere, or USO offers. The mk6 and mk8 have placed leupold firmly back in the fight.

Ok thank you, yeah I run the mk4 on an m110 so we are definitely on the same page, thank you very much for the LE discount info.