• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone try the Athlon Midas Tac yet?

Well, I ordered one today to replace a Midas BTR. I have 2 of the BTR's and they are great for target shooting at known distances, but I figured if I ever get involved with PRS style matches this will be a better fit. I can't wait to try it out

This is a real scope. I'm not sure what your reading or getting info from.

Sounds good. Its priced why below what I would expect. That’s all. Considering one for a 300wm hunting rifle , but most of the reviews I’ve read have been from guys putting them 22 trainers. Which is concern for me specifically.

I received mine today, a 6-24 MIL, and mounted on a Larue 6.5CM AR10 in ARC M10-QD 20MOA Mount. I must say, I am impressed. The glass is nice, very clear. Parallax knob, mag ring, and focus ring, all turn easily- but not too easily. The elevation turret I think is the same or very similar to the Ares ETR, which is very nice. Clicks are audible, tactile.
The reticle is really good and I am really liking the floating center for.

I expected the Ares ETR to be as nice as it was for the price it was (and still was impressed at that), but the Midas Tac, at its price point, is just a really welcome surprise.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
I took mine out for the first time today and shot at 50 and 100yds. The parallax adjustment is dead on. I didn't have time to test the tracking but the turrets feel great in use. It is bright enough and clear edge to edge at 24x. It was also easy to get behind a 24x. I'm very impressed so far. I was not impressed with Eley Tenex, it shot like garbage even after seasoning the barrel with it, but that's another post.

The Midas Tac is a fantastic optic. Not just fantastic for the price. Just fantastic. Athlon's customer service is top-notch as well. I accidentally dropped my Midas Tac from 5' to a hardwood floor and bent the objective bell. They replaced it without any hassle even tho the internals were just fine. The scope still tracked great after the fall.

I've just ordered an Ares ETR since they share the floating dot reticle.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
Are you guys liking the 4-16s or 6-24s better at this point? I understand a lot of it is preference, but any noticeable difference in performance/clarity?

Wonder the same thing. For me, a 3-18 / 4-20 would be about perfect.

Last edited: