• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Anyone use an Overwatch Precision trigger?

101stinfantry

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    AR
    Thinking about getting one for my new G40. This is going to be a hunting gun, not a SD gun, so I can afford to mess with it.

I've only used glock triggers I've polished myself, so my experience is limited to that. That said, they're better than most of my other stock pistol triggers.

I've got my eye on a Johnny glocks trigger or two though. I'm pretty sold on his stuff based on reviews and the ton of stuff he outs on YouTube about his trigger work. Probably go with the combat trigger for a hunting g20 I'm working on.

So, to answer your question, no, I haven't used an overwatch. I'm sure its better than a factory trigger and probably better than the 25 cent trigger jobs though.

I have the tac one in my g19. I absolutely love it. I did their minus connector too. I’ve never hand light primer strikes or any problems. That gun has at least 3 cases of ammo through it in the last 4ish years Best Glock trigger I have ever felt hands down. Plus you get to pick the color(I like cheesy shit like that) My wife recently took it over from me So bought myself a new g45 and it will get the same trigger in the next few days

Thanks for the feedback, I got one coming from Midway. I have two Gen 3 9mm's that I put 3.5# connectors in and they were fine. For some reason this G40 has a pretty gritty trigger, and I'd just prefer something a bit lighter, and smoother for whacking critters.

You will like it! Have one in my G19 and also in my G40 and also used their minus connector as Nimothy did. Best thing I ever did to these Glocks.

I have one in a g19. I have a DAT and the shoe design is amazing, I love the flat face, but it doesn’t really change the pull weight or feel.

Are you using the minus connector as well? I'm not sure what your saying, other than you like the trigger shoe, it didn't change anything else? I hope it smooths mine out, fucker feels like it has sand in it. It's the only Glock I've ever had that felt that way out of the box, but it's also the first large frame I've owned as well.

Are you using the minus connector as well? I'm not sure what your saying, other than you like the trigger shoe, it didn't change anything else? I hope it smooths mine out, fucker feels like it has sand in it. It's the only Glock I've ever had that felt that way out of the box, but it's also the first large frame I've owned as well.

Yes. Sorry I didn’t explain it better.
    I did get the minus connector as well, and it still feels like a typical Glock trigger, lol. It may have taken some of the grittiness out, but if I were you I wouldn’t be expecting that it’s gonna make it feel like a match 1911 trigger or anything. It’s a nice trigger tho, the best out there imo. Aside from like a match trigger/Johnny glock.

Ok so today I went to the range with my wife, I switched to rem small pistol primers they were out of cci at my lgs that trigger produced 5 failures to fire with these primers I loaded the rounds that didn’t fire in my g45 with stock trigger and they went off never had not one problem with cci or any factory ammo but these remingtons gave her hell today 5 out of 200 is to much bs. I only bought 1000 of them and will move all this ammo to my sub gun can, and buy another full case of cci for my glocks. Just a heads up to the op

Thanks for the heads up, I think my last batch of 10mm was loaded with Magtech primers. I don't think I have any Remington primers in my stash, but I'll keep that in mind.

I have several of them and really like them....I was not really into the whole trigger game on a duty type pistol until i got a glock 34 in a trade that had one of these triggers in it...love it..

bench

I have polished my factory trigger in my G20SF, still wanting something better for hunting. I have been looking at Johnny Glocks also. But not really wanting to spend $200 on a trigger. I will if thats what it takes.

The factory trigger is just ok, and I have no experience with aftermarket triggers. I have seen Zev is not the way to go though.

I got mine yesterday, installed and headed to the range. My experience mirrors what was said above. No reduction in pull weight that I can tell. It is smoother, and the reset "seems" shorter to me, but that may be a function of the trigger shoe, which I really like. I did coat the engagement surfaces with Rydol when I reassembled so that might be some of it too.

Pull weights are all in springs when you buy the trigger you are just buying the shoe, it’s not a trigger job in that sense. It’s just a more substantial part to be able to preform a trigger jo

Pull weights are all in springs when you buy the trigger you are just buying the shoe, it’s not a trigger job in that sense. It’s just a more substantial part to be able to preform a trigger jo
    indeed!

I use a 4.5lb stryker spring with my trigger for competition and off duty carry....cant beat it

bench