• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Anyone use Short Action Customs for smithing?

Re: Anyone use Short Action Customs for smithing?

Mark is a nice guy and does great work. He built a laser .260 Tikka T3 for us as a piece for an article that Zak Smith has up on his site, demigod something or other.
Justin

He just finished up my 6.5 CM. I finally got to the range yesterday to zero and chrono some rounds. He does great work and will email/call you-and answer the phone if not in the shop.

Good to work with and makes sure you are squared away.

Mark

Mark is a great guy to work with and does top notch work. He built the below 223 for me. I also recommend him to friends who need work done. He recently completed a build on a FN action for a friend of mine that I recommended him to. And, now the friend recommends him for builds.
IMG_1897.jpg

I now recommend him to you. You will not be disappointed in his work. Feel free to PM me if you need more details.

I have more than one project under way as we speak. Responds to questions and answers emails. Its all good.

Jeffvn

There are many very good smiths on this site. Mark is at the top of that list in my book. His customer service is bar none, and the work is nothing short of perfect.

I always recommend using a smith within driving distance. If that isn't possible, I recommend Mark. Great guy that does great work.

Another +1 for Mark Gordon. You will be 100% pleased with his work.

He has built quite a few for me. I highly recommend him, he is a great smith and even better person to work with. He handles every aspect of the build.

Mark has done a ton of work for me and is the only guy I go to anymore.
Super nice guy and easy to work with and is work is second to none! I've recommended multiple people to him and now they all use him as their goto guy and recommend him as well.

Mark has built one rifle and has done some other work for me. His work is great and he stayed in contact throughout the build. The build and jobs were done in a timely fashion as promised.

I have gone on to build my own rifles but if I were looking for a good smith I would reccomend Mark for sure.

<span style="font-weight: bold">SAC built 223AI on a trued M700, Rock 1:8 MTU, Jewell, AICS 2.0, Badger, USO, AAC </span>
223AIA1.jpg

My partners SAC 308 is the finest rifle I've ever had my hands on. It's a tactical rifle, but I intend to win some benchrest matches this year with it. It's unbelievably good.

This is good news indeed. He's close to me and I looked up his website for more info recently. This feedback has set my mind at ease for some work I will get done on my 700P in the near future. While I'm not the original poster, and hope this isn't considered "hijacking a thread" I wanted to say thanks to the members who gave personal testimony. Good luck and good shooting!

Doug

Mark threaded my barrel for a supressor,very nice looking threads.The turn around time was fast too.Great guy to do business with!!!Mark is A+++

He's built 1 for me. Plus done a lot of work on other rifles for me. I'd recommend
SAC for any smithing projects you have.

I've used SAC and couldn't be happier with the work.

I was up there in Ohio kicking around his shop in February aggravating the crap out of him.
We looked at all of the stuff he is working on and at all of the stuff he will be working on. He is incredily busy for a reason, and it isn't because he does crap for work.
I build my own stuff and do my own business, but if I didn't- It be SAC.

Mark is one of the very best and gives everything that comes through the shop his utmost attention and detail. He's always looking to build them better and improving his processes to build the best rifles out there.