• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone use Terminus Apollo for PRS stuff?

louu

The only NON methhead in NJ
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2020
I don't see to much talk on here about them and I don't see the top guys using them.

Are they any good?

Are they as smooth as a Tikka?

Does the bolt lift easy?

I'm looking for an action to start up a 6 dasher build. So far I have a chassis, gen 3 razor and rings, TT diamond 2 stage and 200 alpha brass.

What actions will fit in your chassis? 700SA clones?
I love my impact, but for the price the next action I get for PRS will be a coup by ARC. I don't think you can beat the options and build quality for the price.

I guess I don't base my "smoothness" on tikka actions. Their not bad, but there's better.

Reactions: louu
Yes, the chassis is for a 700SA action.

How long is the wait for the ARC CDG? also does it fit the regular 700 style TT diamond trigger?

I have a .223 built on an Apollo (MDT ACC, TT Diamond, 28" Bartlein 5R 7-twist). I regularly shoot it to 1000 with 75gr ELDMs.

The Apollo has a 60-degree bolt which feels excellent to run - I favor its feel over my Defiance Deviant or my departed Stiller TAC-30 and Tikka T3Xs, not to mention my Vudoo and RimX .22s (all 90-degree bolts). All of them feel/felt great to run - but each has/had its own "personality" for lack of a better word.

I just found a new load which has been so accurate so far that I'll consider trying it out in Tactical class at least once next year. I've never shot .223 in competition.

Point being, based on my experience, I'd heartily recommend the Terminus Apollo for a PRS build, if you like 60-degree bolts.

Not an Apollo but i do have a Zeus and a buddy has the Apollo. One a 6.5 creed hunting rifle and 1 a 25 creed prs rig. Both actions are superb. Heavier bolt lift than the tikka, but it’s supper smooth and incredible light bolt lift.