• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

anyone use Warne 20moa base?

07zx6r

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2011
Ft.Rucker AL
just wondering if anyone is using this base and how they like it? I was looking for a steel 20 moa base and saw that their rings had pretty good reviews, so i figured i would give it a shot.

Re: anyone use Warne 20moa base?

I had one man. It was a great piece, I only sold it when I redid my rifle because I wanted matching rings and bases. I would recommend one for sure!

Matt

I've got one on a remington 700 in .308. It has been good. It fit flat to the action, no bedding required. It is good quality, especially for the money. I would recommend it, and would use one again on another gun. I am using their ring on two guns; the .308, and a .22. Neither has given me issues, and for the money, they are like the bases - hard to beat.

I have one on my .300 win mag 700 5r and it mounted flat and solid. Quality product. The only problem I have is that my LaRue quick mounts don't lock up solid on it like they do on my Near base. All of the non-throw lever style rings I use mount solid though.

thanks for feedback everyone..my local ffl had one for a rem long action for $80 and it seemed pretty solid, so i had him order me a short action.

Hi, first post for me!

I have a Warne 20 MOA base on my 700 5R .308 too. I've got only ~200 rnds through it and my base came loose! I haven't had a chance to take a closer look yet. I'm hoping the screws just vibrated loose. I had torqued all screws down according to spec. Otherwise I've been happy with it. I have the medium 30mm Warne rings too, and everything fit very well to rifle and scope.

Anyone have a similar problem and maybe a solution to keep this from happening in the future? Do folks use something like locktite for these bolts, or is that a really bad idea?

Thanks

I use one now. when I re barrel I am changing to a NF base. I haven't had any issues with mine but I like the fact that the NF has a recoil lug built into it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem700FTW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi, first post for me!

Anyone have a similar problem and maybe a solution to keep this from happening in the future? Do folks use something like locktite for these bolts, or is that a really bad idea?

Thanks </div></div>

I like to use a dab of locktite.

I'm considering the same base on a Rem M700 SA AJ Brown blueprinted hunting rifle build in .358 Hoosier but just because the scopoe I bought (Ziess Conquest) already had Warne rings on it.

I'm glas to hear it is quality, because the price on them is great.

had to get one from Warne directly.. was a pain to
find one at the time.. they are local so no big issue..
Had no issues with the 20moa that I have.