• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anyone used Duracoat Aerosol Can

epp838

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2012
Dfw, tx
Ive been looking into painting my rifle and see duracoat offers it in an aerosol can. Anyone used it yet I can't seem to find any reviews about it. Let me know and post pics if you got em.

I used the mix with the preval sprayer and didn't like it. The coating went on too thick and it was difficult to control. I'd rather use an air brush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used the kit as well. I followed the directions and shook the shit out of the first can and it was runny as hell. Had to sand it down and use a second can - which worked better. I don't see myself using it again on another firearm.

How fast does the alumahide wear. I know it's not as durable as duracoat but what should I expect as far as wearing off.

I've only used it once but I loved it. The only places it's wearing off is on plastic parts. It did spray a little thick but I just sped up my motion so it wouldn't run.

Before and after with the preval sprayer. That hundred year old Mauser was hand fitted and the parts with Duracoat hardly fit back together! Went on a little thick.

qa2ehy4e.jpg
e3yzeta8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used the aerosol can once. Works really well and easy to build up coats. Just make sure you got everything you want to oaint ready because once you start mixing in the can you have to use it or lose it. Very handy product. I had the kit with the preval sprayer on the shelf for years and everything went to hell from sitting so long so I got the rattle can. And I'd do if again.