• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone using a Trimble NOMAD?

Brad79

Captain
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2012
Lake MS
Im curious about using one. Never had one and was looking at the advantages of the NOMAD vs other options out there.

I have one. Since switching to it and FFS, its all I use for all the guns/calibers I shoot.

Bit of a learning curve with FFS but its worth it.

As far as the Trimble, make sure you get the Lithium Ion battery and a charger as I ended up getting one with the AA cradle and it devoured the batteries in a matter of hours of light use. The only downside of a Trimble so far for me is just the size.

Had mine for 3 years and run Field Firing Solutions software. I got the package from the FFS guys and love it. It does time to learn how to use. I have 7 rifles and 10 different calibers. I must have 20 different bullets also. Its not cheap but have used it out to 2825 yards for my .338LM. I also say make sue to get the rechargeable one.

I just got one so I could load Coldbore. I love Coldbore as I have used the desktop version for some amount of time and didn't see the need to switch, re-learn and spend a ton on FFS. You can buy Coldbore desktop and PDA version for $150 versus over $400 for FFS. The beauty of this is you can work on your desktop with a large screen and full keyboard and then synchronize it to the version running on your Trimble. I have never used FFS but I hear it is pretty similar to Coldbore. Not sure that is true but there are users here that have used both of them and can better advise you.

To do what I do; you need to be able to connect the NOMAD to your PC which is a challenge if running Win10...although having gone through it now; I can give you the steps. FFS comes on a SDIO compatible card so all you have to do is plug it into the NOMAD slot. Easier but no desktop equivalent...your call...

Make sure it is a NOMAD and not a RECON. Make sure you get a 1GB RAM version.

Last edited:
Have run Nomad and FFS for over 9 years. I also run it with cold bore and the NF software. I like layout of ffs to cb and it has been reliable to 3970. FFS also pairs with my Vectronix 23 with data cable. Simplest way to build range card period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk